Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long should i wait?

Hi, i know it is kind of soon (2 weeks) since my husband and I sent out all of our forms to adjust his status. My lawyer told me that we should recieve the receipt notice within 2 weeks, but it hasn't arrived. How much longer should I wait to do something? And what should I do if I dont get it??? Thank you!

Hi, i know it is kind of soon (2 weeks) since my husband and I sent out all of our forms to adjust his status. My lawyer told me that we should recieve the receipt notice within 2 weeks, but it hasn't arrived. How much longer should I wait to do something? And what should I do if I dont get it??? Thank you!

Comment

If you go to USCIS website, there are instructions to that fact. If I remember correctly, they ask for a grace period of 4 wks before you can follow up.

I received mine within 10 working days. Mine were sent overnight, so that of course makes a difference in adding up the total number of days. Moreover, it depends on where they were sent, i.e. the Chicago Lock Box, that usually takes a little longer because they appearently don't empty that on a daily basis.

Good Luck!
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

they usually send a receipt or request for more info within 30 days. If after 30 days you haven't heard from them, you should contact them.

Comment

oh no! my files WERE sent to the chicago office... great... how long do you think they usually take?????

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation