Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrant Visa

I am a citizen from Bangladesh. I am also a parmanent resident in Canada and currently residing in Canada for the past one year. Currently my family based immigration is on process. Currently the way it is the US consulate in Dhaka, Bangladesh will conduct my visa interview.

Can I reside in Canada and go back to my country before the interview date and appear for the interview?

Will there be a problem establishing residency back home since I may be there few weeks before the interview?

Thanks for any responds.

I am a citizen from Bangladesh. I am also a parmanent resident in Canada and currently residing in Canada for the past one year. Currently my family based immigration is on process. Currently the way it is the US consulate in Dhaka, Bangladesh will conduct my visa interview.

Can I reside in Canada and go back to my country before the interview date and appear for the interview?

Will there be a problem establishing residency back home since I may be there few weeks before the interview?

Thanks for any responds.

Comment

As far as I know there won't be any problem because you have not become the citizen of Canada. If you accept the citizenship of Canada then you are no longer citizen of Bangladesh and I am not sure there is something like dual citizen between Canada and Bangladesh is there. At the time of interview you need a no objection certificate from local police station as well income tax has to be paid, certificate from department of taxation. However I am not lawyer and this is my understanding.

Comment

Thanks Vivek.

Does anyone know what do they ask for on Packet 4 to bring as documents for someone like me who is coming from Canada to Bangladesh for the immigrant visa interview?

Thanks

Comment

frahman budu:

Why don't you get your file transfer to the US Embassy/Canada?
          How long you have been in Canada?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed