Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i sponsor my wife as an employee if i have my own buisness

I recently started my own company. my wife entered the u.s witout inspection and it has been over a year can i sponsor her has one of my employees.

CAn a employeer sponsor an illigal allien if so is it difficult.......

I recently started my own company. my wife entered the u.s witout inspection and it has been over a year can i sponsor her has one of my employees.

CAn a employeer sponsor an illigal allien if so is it difficult.......

Comment

Jerry C

NO Nada La Nay. She EWI. There is no relief for her in the US. whatsoever right now. USC spouse is quickest way for any alien to AOS.. unless they are illegal as in sneaking in without inspection. Nothing can be done for her on US soil. Has to return to her country of origin and file waivers to return. This has been explained to you in other threads. There is no other way around this unless a new amnesty would get passed. dont hold your breath for that one. Sorry.

EWI do not have ANY rights! not even in front of an IJ if they go into removal proceedings. They do not have right to appeal.

Comment

4now is 100% correct. I understand how you are feeling. I didn't know much about immigration when I started this process and I was sure that I would be able to find some kind of loophole so that my husband could get a greencard. I have done a ton of research, and trust me, there is absolutely NO way that your wife will get a greencard without leaving the country. I know that it is frustrating and unfair, but there's nothing you can do to change it. You need to start the legal process. Don't even consider doing anything even remotely shady, because it could ruin your life. Here is what the basic steps will be to get your wife a greencard:

1) File an I-130 with the Service Center that has jurisdiction over your state. It will take anywhere from 1 to 5 years to get approved.

2) Your wife will receive information in the mail telling her that the approved I-130 has been forwarded to the National Visa Center and instructions on how to file for a visa at the American consulate in her country. (If she is from Mexico, it will be Ciudad Juarez)

3) You will fill out the paper work and send it to the consulate. The consulate will schedule an interview.

4) Your wife will have to go to interview at the consulate in her country. She will be denied the visa because of her EWI and told that she needs to file an I-601.

5) You will file the I-601. While waiting for it to get approved, she will have to stay in her country. She will not be able to come back for any reason.

6) Once the I-601 gets approved, she will apply for the visa again and get approved. She will get a PR stamp in her passport and be able to come back to the States.

7) She will come back and apply for a social security number, driver's license, etc.

8) Her actual greencard will come in the mail a few months later.

9) If you were married less than 2 years when she got her residence stamp, you will have to file to remove conditions after the two year anniversary of her getting the stamp. If you were already married 2 or more years when she got it, than you won't have to worry about it.

10) On the 3 year anniversary of her getting the PR stamp, she is eligible to file for citizenship, as long as she is still legally married to you.

11) Once she gets her citizenship, she will be able to vote, etc. She will be eligible to sponsor other relatives to come here if she wants.

I am still on step one myself. I know that it is hard, but it is the only way. Just be patient (I know how hard that is). Immigration can cause a lot of hassle and heartache, but don't let it ruin your marriage or your spirit. I used to let the stress eat away at me all of the time, but I had to change that. If I were to keep on letting it get to me, I would probably be in the looney bin by the time the whole thing is finished.
        Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed