PASSPORT ISSUE??!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No csunkala, they can't deny your entry based on a different name to the Green Card. Remember they may not even ask for your passport at the Port of Entry. Show them your GC and only give the passport if they ask for it (along with marriage license).

If your immigration status is all well..there is nothing to worry about.

Seriously..as I said a few times, many people have done this before. When you come back from seeing your dad change your passport then.

I wish you the best, and hope your father will be ok.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Thanks Sprint, I will let you know how it went, but im not buying tickets until i have my conditional card in my hand.
      All the best and thanks for everything.

Comment

csunkala,

One more thing I may suggest.. some airlines offer special discounts for people who need to fly out to family members if they are really sick. They usually want proof from a doctor or hospital..even a fax from doc to airline will be ok.

It would be worthwhile to find out about this from certain airlines, it may save you some money. Short notice tickets can be expensive, so give it a try if you can.

Take care
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not a problem for the U.S., but many countries are sticklers about those issues. For here, just be ready to explain and for safety bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

Comment

Someone has been watching too many Seinfield episodes. Airlines no long offer death discounts, and never gave sickness discounts.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
              Someone has been watching too many Seinfield episodes. Airlines no long offer death discounts, and never gave sickness discounts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Federale86.. maybe you have, because I know it for a fact. I have done it for myself and told others who also got it even recently.
              As long as they can show proof..they do give it.
              Not all airlines do of course but most do.

It is worth finding out what is cheaper however, because sometimes there can be a special offer on which works out cheaper than the discounted ticket for compassionate ones.
              They only have an x amount of seats they can sell at a discounted price for circumstances like these, and of course availability of said flight.

This in international, not domestic flights.

Comment

thanks, Sprint, but I was not able to get a cheaper ticket, but thanks for the info.
                now dont i need a stamp in my pasport though,like a "continued lawful permanent residency " stamp, or only when i become a permanent after the conditional? thank YOU!!!!

Comment

The biometric passport rule only applies to foreign visitors to the U.S. who are not legal permanent residents. If you are an LPR, you do not need a biometic. There is also no rule that says a person with a green card needs to have a passport in the same name to return to the U.S. As a matter of fact and LPR does not need a passport to return. Now, other countries may have different rules, but I presume you are going just to the U.K. and your passport is enough. You only need your green card to return to the U.S. The airline may require that they match vis a vis last name, but that is an airline decision. Like I said before, to enter the U.S. you don't need to have them match. I know from personal experience in dealing with this issue.

Comment

If you don't have your green card, you can get a stamp in your passport, commonly referred to the I-551 stamp. It does not matter if you are conditional or permanent. The stamp will have a one year expiration date, or less, if your conditional status will expire in less than a year. If your conditional status has been adjusted, then the stamp will have a one year expiration. You can also get a re-entry permit from USCIS.

Comment

Thanks Federale for taking the time it's loud and clear now, THANKS!! I'll try to stop worrying and start concentrating on my trip. :-)
                      Thanks for all of you, especially Sprint and Federale for "taking care" of my issues, which Ive had a lot .:-)Have a great weekend!

Comment

You are welcome. Remember to vote for Bobby Jindal in 2012.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation