X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting immigration info

Hi everyone,
    Am new on this site and i just need some information regarding filing for adjustment of status. I have an approved i-130 family based and i want to find out what i need to include in the filing, like the medical and all that. I also want to find out if San Diego district office is one of the pilot centres for same day application and interview. My husband is a LPR. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
    Am new on this site and i just need some information regarding filing for adjustment of status. I have an approved i-130 family based and i want to find out what i need to include in the filing, like the medical and all that. I also want to find out if San Diego district office is one of the pilot centres for same day application and interview. My husband is a LPR. Thanks.

Comment

What is your priority date for I-130? You can not file for adjustment before your priority date becomes current. You can check current priority dates here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2744.html

Your category is F2A for spouses of LPRs.

Cheers.

Comment

My piority date is 04/30/2001. Thanks

Comment

Great, looks like you are ready to file. Basically you will need to file an I-485 and a G-325A and an I-864 and an I-693 with required evidence. You will need to include evidence that the I-130 was approved as well. If desired, an application for employment authorization (EAD) and travel authorization (advance parole) can be included. If you are not in a valid status AND ELIGIBLE the I-485A will be required along with a fee (fine) for $1,000. I mention this because it looks like your I-130 was filed on the 245 (i) and wonder if that may be more than a coincidence.

Check the USCIS web site (go to FAQ and then P for permanent residency) or go to "forms and fess and click the link to form "I-485" for more precise information about what and where to file, and PLEASE remember to read all of the instructions carefully. Post back if you have any questions

Comment

Yes i have to pay the $1,000
            I will like to find out if i have to pay seperately for filling EAD and I-485 together. i.e if filled together do i need to pay for only the I-485 or for both. Thanks and how much.

Comment

regardless of whether you file the I-765 with the I-485 or separately you still have to pay the filling fee for both. Current application fees can be found at the USCIS web site under "forms and fees" link.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation