Sammy - please help - B1B2 visa - "NO INTENT TO CHANGE EXTEND OR ADJUST STATUS"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy - please help - B1B2 visa - "NO INTENT TO CHANGE EXTEND OR ADJUST STATUS"

Hi Sammy,

I think you have been giving suggestions regarding all complicated visa issues. I have a simple question. I will very much appreciate if you could please reply.

I have previously obtained a US B1B2 visa Multiple entry for one year. The next time I applied I got a B1B2 Multiple entry for 1 year and annotation stating that "No Intent to change extend or adjust status". This visa expires on March 2007.

I intend to go for job or further training in 2009 June. This would require me to go to the US to write exams which I want to do in Sep 2007 and July 2008. (I need to apply for visa again).

If the visa officer gives me a visa again with the same annotation in March when I will reapply to get new visa to go to the US for a conference, should I tell him my intent of going for further training or job in 2009. At that time will the visa officer appreciate my honest of mentioning him my intent or will he reject my visa stating that Im also intending to work in the US a few years from now.

Since Im a permanent resident in Canada now, I might get a 2 or 5 or even 10 years visa. So, in this case, is it enough to tell the POE officer of my intent to attend a job interview when I enter the US for the purpose of attending a job interview (even though my visa has the annotation NoINTENT to ....).

Anyways, I dont have an intention of going to the US and trying to adjust status from B visa to a H visa.

Or, since B visa should satisfy the officer that I will return to Canada, me mentioning that I might be interested in further training or job in 2009 will mean that I have an immigrant intent?

Can anyone please give me a suggestion as to what I should do at my visa interview.

I will appreciate your responses.Thanks.
    SS

Hi Sammy,

I think you have been giving suggestions regarding all complicated visa issues. I have a simple question. I will very much appreciate if you could please reply.

I have previously obtained a US B1B2 visa Multiple entry for one year. The next time I applied I got a B1B2 Multiple entry for 1 year and annotation stating that "No Intent to change extend or adjust status". This visa expires on March 2007.

I intend to go for job or further training in 2009 June. This would require me to go to the US to write exams which I want to do in Sep 2007 and July 2008. (I need to apply for visa again).

If the visa officer gives me a visa again with the same annotation in March when I will reapply to get new visa to go to the US for a conference, should I tell him my intent of going for further training or job in 2009. At that time will the visa officer appreciate my honest of mentioning him my intent or will he reject my visa stating that Im also intending to work in the US a few years from now.

Since Im a permanent resident in Canada now, I might get a 2 or 5 or even 10 years visa. So, in this case, is it enough to tell the POE officer of my intent to attend a job interview when I enter the US for the purpose of attending a job interview (even though my visa has the annotation NoINTENT to ....).

Anyways, I dont have an intention of going to the US and trying to adjust status from B visa to a H visa.

Or, since B visa should satisfy the officer that I will return to Canada, me mentioning that I might be interested in further training or job in 2009 will mean that I have an immigrant intent?

Can anyone please give me a suggestion as to what I should do at my visa interview.

I will appreciate your responses.Thanks.
    SS

Comment

Thanks for your reply "iperson"

Last time when I went to the US consulate for B1/2 visa, the VO asked me if I was seeking employment in the US. I told him,NO, Im just going for a conference "(that was the real purpose for which I was going").
      [probably thats y he wrote no intent to change extend or adjust status].

What if he gives me a 10 years visa (usually the US consulate does for Permanent Residents of Canada] again with the same annotation.
      Does it mean that I might not be able to go for a job interview or work or further training in the US.
      Even in case, if the VO writes like that on my visa, I will be going for an interview only about 18 months later. Can I tell the POE officer that Im going to the US for a job interview and will he let me in?

Your response is much appreciated.
      Thanks
      SS

Comment

Hi "iperson"

I think i did not write completely what I intended to ask.

Since the Visa officer specifically asked me if I was seeking employment. I said NO, because at that time I was not seeking employment.

But, again in my next visa if he writes the same, will I never be able to go for a job or trainng int he US.?

Or, If i tell him that right now I donthave such intentions, but in the future I might be interested in further training, will he reject my visa (assuming potential immigrant).?

Im worried because, recently a colleague of mine when he went to a conference , he was givena visa with a similar annotation (no intent to study or work in the US).
        Then, he applied for a student visa for PhD in the US. When he went for Visa interview, the VO did not even let him speak. He said, u have previously mentioned that you dont intend to study or work, but now you want to study.
        And he rejected his visa.

Your response will be much appreciated.
        SS

Comment

I read a couple of days ago that a prospective student if he visits the USon a B1B2, should tlel the POE officer of his intent to study. Otherwise, his change of visa will be rejected.
          Will it not hold good for prospective employees as well.?
          Thanks in advance SS

Comment

Just to continue on the previous - the POE will make a note on the I-94 that "prospective student"
            > i was thinking probably a prospective employee should also do the same.
            SS

Comment

Is it legal to seek employment (i mean attend job interviews) on a B1/B2? Do we have to tell the POE officer regarding my intent? I will not try to change status from B to H1. I can come back to Canada and apply for visa.
              Response will be much appreciated
              SS

Comment

Thanks iperson.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board