X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Green Card

Hello
    I'm a USC and filled a form I-130 for my wife.She living in USA(Student).After INS approved and sent my case to NVC,I received the package from NVC with form DS-203(Application for Visa and Alien Registration)I filled that form and sent back to NVC.The questions is what do I do next?And when my wife get a temporary green card(2 years)?Please help me,Thanks

Hello
    I'm a USC and filled a form I-130 for my wife.She living in USA(Student).After INS approved and sent my case to NVC,I received the package from NVC with form DS-203(Application for Visa and Alien Registration)I filled that form and sent back to NVC.The questions is what do I do next?And when my wife get a temporary green card(2 years)?Please help me,Thanks

Comment

Hi kevinngo,

it sounds like USCIS somehow got the idea that your wife will go through consular processing in her country instead of adjusting status in the US.

Have you filed I-485 also? if yes, when?

I am not sure of the procedure now if you would to re-route the petition from NVC to your local office for the interview. You can try to call NVC and ask.

If you leave it the way it is, NVC will send some more papers and bills, and then forward the petition to the consulate in your wife's country. After that she would be scheduled for an interview there.

Comment

Hi Aneri
        First of all,I want to say thanks for your help
        I'm not filed I-485 yet.My wife lived in US for 5 years and she has Student visa still active.I didn't know we can fill I-130 and I-485 together.Can I fill it now?Is it too late?Do we need go to interview to get temporary GC?

Comment

What did you answer to Q. # 14 and Q. # 22 when filling "I-130 Petition for Alien Relative" Form ?

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

Comment

yeh..let's figure out where the mistake happened (Impenetrable Q)..

in the meantime, yes - you and your wife will be interviewed before she will get GC (temporary GC if you have been married less than 2 years at the time of approval - usually at the interview).

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
              yes - you and your wife will be interviewed before she will get GC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be more precise: the above will happen if your wife is going to adjust status in the US. If she is going through consular processing and getting immigrant visa first, only she has to attend the interview abroad.

Comment

Thanks all for help
                In the question #14.I entered under "Arrival/Departure Record"The I-20 number that she came here with student visa and Date arrival
                In the question # 22,I entered the City and State that we living
                Today,I received a letter from NVC let's me know that I missing some documents.They have enclosed a blank copy of the DS-230 part 1 form.All documents missing is Biographic Data.I'm make sure that I have sent that from to them together with DS-230 part 2 and other document,but I don't know why the part 1 is missing.I used Certified mail,the mail return showed that they received my mail in Sep/25 and I just received the"missing document list for..."today.The post office stampe it on Sep/27
                Do you think just 2 days(sep/25-sep/27)They have viewed my document?Or do you know other way they do?Thanks

Comment

If any document is missing, the common procedure for CIS is to send RFE ( request for additional evidence).

If your wife is in US and eligible to Adjust her status ,and you properly answered to Q. #14 and Q. #22, then I see no reason why would USCIS send you DS-230 which is , to my knowledge, for consular processing.

BTW, why didn't you submit I-485 along with I-130 (since you are USC your spouse is not subject to numerical CAP and doesn't need to wait for approval of I-130 to file I-485)?

If you filed/file I-485 , you also have to submit Form I-325A ( Biographic Information Sheet for beneficiaries between the ages of 14 and 79), and Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support).

Good luck,

IE

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

Comment

Thanks IE
                    I think I did a wrong way.Maybe CIS think my wife still in Vietnam,that's why they do that way.
                    How can I let them know my wife in USA?Can I adjust my case?Do you know about visa number?My wife's visa number is HCM2006.....Fisrt 3 letters is HCM(That mean Ho Chi Minh,the place that US embassy located in Vietnam.Is my wife's visa will be granted in my country if I'm not adjust my case?
                    All documents I sent to NATIONAL VISA CENTER
                    32 ROCHESTER AVENUE PORTSMUOTH,NH-03801.Thanks again for help IE

Comment

You don't think you did it wrong way, you either did or you did not.

The best way to check is to look at the copies of papers you sent to USCIS, find where the mistake was and correct it (or demand correction, if the error is due to service center adjudicator).

Best of luck,

IE

Comment

Sorry to bother you IE.I have to look at copies of all document I have been sent to USCIS but couldn't know what was mistake.Can you tell me step by step USCIS normal do after I summited the form I-130?My case is married with the woman living in USA with the student visa still active.Thanks IE

Comment

Why don't you follow your dirtbag spouse all the way to Vietnam and live ever happily with her there?
                          http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1061492/i/040401292763.jpg

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevinngo:
                            All documents I sent to NATIONAL VISA CENTER
                            32 ROCHESTER AVENUE PORTSMUOTH,NH-03801. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            "If you reside in the United States, file this form at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence." (from the I-130 instructions); NVC is not a Service Center.

I would recommend you call NVC and see what can be done.

Comment

As OP stated "After INS approved and sent my case to NVC,I received the package from NVC..",
                              meaning he originally sent his I-130 to CIS Service Center.

Question is: why did CIS send approved I-130 petition to NVC if the beneficiary is in US and eligible to AOS ?

(The OP avoids giving the clear answer to above, instead he now claims that "all documents" he sent to "NATIONAL VISA CENTER 32 ROCHESTER AVENUE PORTSMUOTH,NH-03801".

I think we can ignore him from now on as it sounds like next he will claim to have received some sort of the package from the Moon )

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation