Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP

have over run my 3 month temp visa in florida, now i have lost my passport, can any one tell me how i get one or who id have to contact as have got ticket to fly back to uk next week,
    or wll they let me fly back home to the uk with out a passport, i do have my birth certificate
    thanx

have over run my 3 month temp visa in florida, now i have lost my passport, can any one tell me how i get one or who id have to contact as have got ticket to fly back to uk next week,
    or wll they let me fly back home to the uk with out a passport, i do have my birth certificate
    thanx

Comment

You have to go to the uk embassy in USA which is closer to your area. This is the only solution. Get your birth certifcate with you.

Good luck.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">have over run my 3 month temp visa in florida, now i have lost my passport, can any one tell me how i get one or who id have to contact as have got ticket to fly back to uk next week or will they let me fly back home to the uk with out a passport, i do have my birth certificate. thanx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you think the US won't let you fly out, think again.

Lost passport AND overstay. Your *** WILL be sent back home, even FASTER now! And you thought "losing" your passport would buy you time here.

Anything, ANYTHING as an excuse to be able to stay. This one though, nah, I've heard more absurd ones.

Comment

First of all you must report the loss of your passport to the police of that area. And take a copy of the report to the UK High Commission I think in New york. Then they will do the rest. You can also call them and tell your situation.

Comment

You don't need to contact the police in this country if you lose your passport.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You don't need to contact the police in this country if you lose your passport. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And a UK passport at that!

Maybe young man thinks the police dept. starting an investigation will prolong the OP's time in the US.

Comment

Actually, yes, you MUST report you passport lost or stolen to the local police authorities AND your embassy. The police will give you a file number (ASK for it) and then you can leave or apply for new documents. Passports are very important documents and people pay a lot of money for a passport they can doctor.

Having been in the position myself of having lost my passport - I reported it to the police and they gave me a file number. I was then able to get into the US (home) with that file number. And the police actually found my passport and returned it to me.

REPORT IT ASAP

Comment

You must obtain a copy of police report as a proof that you lost your passport,mind you in States, every thing must be on paper.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation