X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Born Birth certificate for foreign parents

Guys,

My wife will deliver soon, and I would like to know what are the required documents for registering my new baby and get him a birth certificate at US hospital. We were here for a visit and we are canadian permenant residents. Can the canadian driving license be enough to proof identity, what other documents required to register the baby so we can be prepared?

Originally posted by DaniA:
    Guys,

My wife will deliver soon, and I would like to know what are the required documents for registering my new baby and get him a birth certificate at US hospital. We were here for a visit and we are canadian permenant residents. Can the canadian driving license be enough to proof identity, what other documents required to register the baby so we can be prepared?
    DaniA, I reviewed your previous posts. Your wife is American and you are a Canadian citizen, correct? Your permanent residence is Canada, right? I take it your requests for a green card in the US were denied? So, it baffles me a bit why you guys are here when your wife is so close to delivery? Are you staying with her parents?

Comment

Originally posted by DaniA:
      Guys,

if baby is born in the U.S., hospital will take care of all the necessary details for registering the birth certificate. The reason is that if the baby is born in the US, it is automatically a US Citizen, no matter who the parents are. As for Canadian citizenship, i.e. dual citizenship, contact your embassy or consulate for details.

Candaian births abroad

American Births abroad
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaniA:
        Guys,

DaniA, I reviewed your previous posts. Your wife is American and you are a Canadian citizen, correct? Your permanent residence is Canada, right? I take it your requests for a green card in the US were denied? So, it baffles me a bit why you guys are here when your wife is so close to delivery? Are you staying with her parents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Went and reviewed the posts. May be denied because wife is USC if wife was placed on the DV lottery form. Second, if Canadian citizen, he would not be eligible for DV lottery since Canada is on the excluded list. Third, I think he said Canadian Resident, does not mean Canadian Citizen. Thus, nothing unusual about him, with wife being in the US since wife is USC.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Guys,

I am still canadian permenant resident and my wife too, we are here due to some medical complications, and we had to deliver the baby n the US under the supervision of her US doctor.

My question is, what documents are required from me and my wife as proof that we are the parents? Canadian driving license is fine or we need to provide more proof of our IDs?

Comment

danix4646, ***, you just came here lying the us government just to deliver a baby in US to make "IT" a US citizen.

I'm pretty sure Bust... like you will not pay lot of medical expenses associated with the delivery and we the tax payer have to bear that burden of this unwanted kid.

Comment

Hello DaniA,
              Don't worry about these people. Hudson is right you don't need anything the hospital will take care of everything. You just need to tell them that you are the father and of couse they know who the mother is.

Comment

jesus guys, who care about all this..the guy asked a question and he didnt kill anybody..and plus they entered the u.s legaly.so what is the big deal? he didnt sneak into the country . come on guys

Comment

Originally posted by mike_2007:
                  jesus guys, who care about all this..the guy asked a question and he didnt kill anybody..and plus they entered the u.s legaly.so what is the big deal? he didnt sneak into the country . come on guys
                  Nativism

Comment

DaniaA,

You do not have to show any identification, the hospital will give you some forms to complete (Period) nothing else. Your relationship to your wife is not required, she can be a girlfriend, wife, ...If they ask for an ID, your passport is more than enough. I had a baby here, so I know how it works and I am a LPR.

I Hope this will clear up the issue
                    csrshuttle

Comment

Originally posted by Danix4646:
                      Guys,

I am still canadian permenant resident and my wife too, we are here due to some medical complications, and we had to deliver the baby n the US under the supervision of her US doctor.

My question is, what documents are required from me and my wife as proof that we are the parents? Canadian driving license is fine or we need to provide more proof of our IDs?
                      As csrshuttle said, no proof is necessary. Just bring any insurance cards so that the billing will be done with few hassles. Everythning will be fine. Best of luck to you, your wife, and your expecting child.

Comment

I would like to thank everybody who replied on this form, even the guy who claims that he cares about the US tax payers.

Well, I'm not here to give the US citizenship to my baby, if we had the same expertise in Canada as in the US, you will not find me here paying all those money while if we deliver the baby in Canada, the canadian goverment will take care of everything instead of paying all these expenses in the US.

Comment

Hello Danix

Best wishes and prayers 4u and your wife on delivery of your newborn.

I am curious about the procedure that you are getting here. I am surprised that Canada does not have advanced procedure there. so often, Americans seek the expertise from the outside of the country on advanced procedures. So I find this interesting.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation