X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldE:
    Go Venus!

I Love Women! There is something irresisitbly delightful about them (can't say what here though )
    Yup, how can men live without us women? LOL!
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

Davdah,

I just don't know how to respond to that - lol! Oh my . . . very strange.

Comment

SInce your not longer involved with his case, you should not worry about it. It's pretty much up to him to proof that he can be a good citizen and not a lazy weight for society...

He will have to get all his documents in order.

www.i751form.com
        http://i751.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PERSONQ:
          SInce your not longer involved with his case, you should not worry about it. It's pretty much up to him to proof that he can be a good citizen and not a lazy weight for society...
          It's hard NOT to worry about it. I feel like such a fool & I feel horrible that I'm responsible for letting this lazy scumbag into the country.

What kinds of questions do they ask at the immigration interview?? How seriously do the immigration officials take their job?? I mean, are they gonna let any Joe Blow into the country, or are they picky & want lots of proof of a bonafide marriage??

Comment

UPDATE:

Have had to take him to court again. He is being charged with a Class 3 Misdemeanor for harrassment. The trial hasn't started yet, but thank goodness ever since the cops called him in for an interrogation, he has stopped harrassing me.

I heard from a reliable source that he is leaving the country within a few months, but he could've been lying when he told my source this info. And he is obsessing over taxes & I don't know why. That is what the harrassment has been about... he wants info on taxes, but it's stupid b/c we filed seperately this year.

Any ideas on what could be going on????

Would USCIS need tax info from him??

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YumCornishPasties:
              Shock of the century came today.... after many months he's finally signing the divorce papers, but<span class="ev_code_RED"> I'm curious as to why. And it turns out he got an immigration lawyer</span>. (Of course he's probably conned his friends to pay the lawyer fee for him). So something is going down, but I don't know what. <span class="ev_code_RED">What do you think his chances are for getting a green card?? </span> I'm sitting here shaking from nerves right now because I don't know what he's going to do.
              Hello Yum

The reason he is signing is because he got an immigration lawyer who told him to sign the divorce and get it final so that he can file 751 waiver using good faith marriage,and possibly emotional abuse.

Only you know what evidences he could have submitted based on the marriage.

You are still on the hook for the affadavit of support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be Sure To Check Your State Concerning Emotional Abuse! . Doesn't Exist In Many! Only Physical!
              USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YumCornishPasties:
                Shock of the century came today.... after many months he's finally signing the divorce papers, but<span class="ev_code_RED"> I'm curious as to why. And it turns out he got an immigration lawyer</span>. (Of course he's probably conned his friends to pay the lawyer fee for him). So something is going down, but I don't know what. <span class="ev_code_RED">What do you think his chances are for getting a green card?? </span> I'm sitting here shaking from nerves right now because I don't know what he's going to do.
                Hello Yum

The reason he is signing is because he got an immigration lawyer who told him to sign the divorce and get it final so that he can file 751 waiver using good faith marriage,and possibly emotional abuse.

Only you know what evidences he could have submitted based on the marriage.

You are still on the hook for the affadavit of support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be Sure To Check Your State Concerning Emotional Abuse! . Doesn't Exist In Many! Only Physical! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yum

What exactly is he requesting from you to complete his taxes????? I am sure he only needs his w-2 and can get that from his employer. Does he only need to know if you filed a schedule A so he knows how to file.. I dont get why he is harrasing you about this? What has he asked for? This poor dummy has sealed his fate by continuing to violate the order. It is probably true that he will be leaving.

<span class="ev_code_RED">@MIR</span>

It does not matter.

Immigration is a federal issue and not state.

Extreme emotional abuse/extreme mental cruelty can be used to file 751 waiver regardless of what state one lives in.

Comment

From 4Now:

What exactly is he requesting from you to complete his taxes????? I am sure he only needs his w-2 and can get that from his employer. Does he only need to know if you filed a schedule A so he knows how to file.. I dont get why he is harrasing you about this? What has he asked for? This poor dummy has sealed his fate by continuing to violate the order. It is probably true that he will be leaving.
                  That's the thing.... I don't really know what he wants. He is very vague. He just says that he needs info for taxes, but doesn't say what exactly. And it's like that when his friends/co-workers call on his behalf.... they never say specifically WHAT info he needs for taxes.

The year extension that they give during the greencard renewal process is about to run out for him I think. It should expire around September I believe... that's when he filed his I-751.

You're absolutely right though.... he has his W-2s and his personal bank statements. I have nothing that he would need in order to file his taxes. We both filed seperate returns this year, so I'm baffled by what he thinks he needs from me, hahahaha.

I'll be glad when the drama with him is over.

Comment

This is very suspicious... hmmm... did he threaten to cook his grandmothers feet and eat it too?
                    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

IMPORTANT UPDATES REGARDING THIS:

Went to court & he was found GUILTY of the misdemeanor charges. I also found out that he put down "divorce" as the reason for not filing a joint I-751, but now that is causing him trouble because at the time, the divorce was not finalized.... we hadn't even separated yet. I also found out that I was supposed to go with him for his interview. So I'm sure me not being at the interview caused trouble for him also.

What I'm wondering is.... should I send a notarized letter to immigrations & let them know that he now has a criminal record for harrassing me??? The judge has ordered him to never contact me again. And if so, where should I sent the letter?? I've seen several different addresses for immigrations.

Thanks all. I think finally this fraud might have run out of luck!!

Comment

Excellent !!! Spend a lot of time to write an intelligent, calm, dispassionate letter to 1) your USCIS local office and 2) the regional office. Send to Fraud Detection Unit. Include their "A" number on all correspondence. Have it notarized. Let immigration know you did not sign the I751 and that you were not divorced at the time and let them know of the conviction. Let them know that he has been harassing you. Do not sound bitter or nasty (and don't be). Just give them the facts. Maybe ICE will do nothing as is the usual case. Maybe it will just make it a little more difficult for the next time they do it to the next victim. Whatever the result, just be free from them; legally and mentally. That is most important thing. Change your phone number, get a new email and move to a new home and have a fresh start. Have NOTHING to do with that guy.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation