X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beba10
    replied
    THANK YOU !!!!!! I'm sorry. Don't really know why you are so upset, but anyway, thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• ICan'tbelieveIt
    replied
    "What do I do?" ?
    Learn first how to say THANK YOU when it is apropriate(polite) to do so in return(as decent people do), then you can ask, again, "What do I do?" .

Leave a comment:

• beba10
    replied
    Yes, he is a born US citizen. I called couple of lawyers and I have different quotes. One is 3500 plus 1500 for interview. (This includes all immigration fees and lawer fees). The other is 1000 for services, and 745 for immigration fees. It is a big difference so I'm quite confused why such a big difference. The first one is a very good lawer in Ohio, and the other is from Detroit, it was refered to me by a person from this website. What do I do?

Leave a comment:

• happygolucky
    replied
    I was asking beba10 if he/she or fiacee is a usc?? It makes a difference

Leave a comment:

• SA
    replied
    Yes, I am a citizen. No, I am not a US citizen yet. I have my N-400 being processed.

Leave a comment:

• happygolucky
    replied
    is any of you is a citizen???

Leave a comment:

• SA
    replied
    Five years at school? Never violated your non-immigrant status? If this is the case, I have good feelings that you can tackle these matters on your own. Spend some of your time researching what you really need to do in uscis web site. You can even go to your nearest uscis office and ask for the appropriate forms. All the instructions will be there. Yes, lawyers have the info handy, because this is what they practice repetatively. They charge you fee which is rather expensive for the same info/instructions that you will find from other sourches which are free of cost.

Leave a comment:

• ICan'tbelieveIt
    replied
    HEllo beba10

Lawyer versus no lawyer is based on how informed you are about what forms need to be filled out, how informed you are about what you need to maintain in order to prove your real marriage and how ORGANIZED(keeping track of your accounts, leases, keeping them in order, etc.) you are. If you can doo all this, then you do not need a lawyer. YOU CAN be your own lawyer. (sometimes even better, you'd be surprised).
    It is your choice to make. You do the work or let someone else do it for you(it's like cleaning or hiring a housekeeper).
    Lots of luck and Happy Holidays!
    :0)

Leave a comment:

• elionora
    replied
    it will be easier since the lawyer knows all the pit-falls.

Faster? I don't know and i doubt it matters. USCIS takes the time they want to take regardless of lawyer or not we are all in a long line of applicants with a desire to get our papers processed yesterday if at all possible.

Good luck with your application. Find a lawyer that will do a free consultation or a community service group that can answer your questions and then get started. www.uscis.gov is a place where you can find community groups in your area.

Leave a comment:

• beba10
    replied
    I was wondering if you wonderful people can give me some advice. My fiancee and I are going to register/marriage, we are getting married next year. We've been together 5 years, and this is a true relationship, no "papers" BS. I've been in the US for 7,5 years, school, and have never been out of status. So, I will probably have to do AOS for the green card.

My question is: Is it worthed to do this with a lawyer, will it be easier and take shorter time, or should we just do it on our own, and if we do, how long might it take?

Thank you very much for your help.

Leave a comment:

• beba10
    started a topic AOS/Green card through marriage

AOS/Green card through marriage

I was wondering if you wonderful people can give me some advice. My fiancee and I are going to register/marriage, we are getting married next year. We've been together 5 years, and this is a true relationship, no "papers" BS. I've been in the US for 7,5 years, school, and have never been out of status. So, I will probably have to do AOS for the green card.

My question is: Is it worthed to do this with a lawyer, will it be easier and take shorter time, or should we just do it on our own, and if we do, how long might it take?

Thank you very much for your help.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation