X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theone
    replied
    The only option you have is to marry a USC. You may want to improve your English language skills in the meantime.

In answer to the other question, a GC holder could give up the GC, obtain a H1 with the spouse getting a H4. Failing that I would query any relationship where one party did not want to, perhaps better to say was not prepared to, live in the same country as the other.

Leave a comment:

• icesport1999
    replied
    Thanks for advise "still learning".I am educated and holding bechelor degree and i am very nice person.I gave my old car to charity i had have volunteer and i have some many certificates and so much fiends in my native country so i was little famous there and i never broke anyother law here and in my native country only this overstaying just becouse of my uninform and just becouse i didnt now how to continue my legal status and i was waitng to long and now i realise and find out where was my mistakes.I just belive to much on some friends that i met them here in usa and they lie me too much .I havent seen my mom for almost 5 years and my younger sister who is getting her master degree and she is very busy.I read the new law and says that everyone who is here illegaly even if he or she enter the country legaly and are overstay they will be treated as a criminals doesnt matter what kind of person you are ?Is this true ?I cant find Lawyer who will be help me to resolve my case.If some of the lawyer read my post on here can they please send me their website or give me some additional advice.
    I have one friend who is very nice and she is in good shape and work in one of the bigest company in usa and she said that can help me to get green card but i said to her that i dont want to married some one just for green card and i dont want to get divorce in my live.I will never divorce anyone .My rules are clear get married one in the live and stay with that person all live.Thanks for everyone in advance.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    PUPPET show coming up for those who just don't get it.
    PUPPET show has long been going on!
    That's why I copy-pasted the article "PUPPETEER"

You can follow the thread here:

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/.../m/53010336921

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    No, you want me to write what you want to hear. Here i'll simplify it for you, if you drive from point A to point B, you would map it out before hand, before you get in the car right? Well before you immigrate to another country, you would check into it, plan it out, figure it out. .....Hold on, let me get a pair of socks...puppet show coming up for those who just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    I am not related to Maria, but you certainly seem to be in the same intellectual pool with Someone12.
    How else am I to adress your name calling in absence of logic and persuasive answers to valid questions I posed to you?

Again, just as with Someone12, it reveals your inability to maintain an intelligent and meaningful discusiion, within the frames set in civilized society.

Best Wishes,
    IE

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Hmmmmmm, are you related to Maria??? Your comments to my posts are mind numbingly stupid. The fact is if you want to live in the US do it legally, if you do not want to or are unable to, then stay in your own country. Read my post again, all the answers to your dumb comments are in there.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    The example you gave is the illegal person's own fault. He/she should have thought about this before he/she started a relationship, made a child
    No, Jeff, this is the kind of argument that one would expect from GESTAPO or NAZI REICH(With their infamous sterilizations, population controls and etc.), but NEVER in America where everyone HAS a RIGHT to choose and marry whom THEY want, and it's none of mine, your or ANYBODY else's business to tell someone: "Hey, you shouldn't fall in love with this and that, but instead go and fall in love and marry the other!!"
    What a ridiculous statement this is!

If two people fall in love one is from another country, that foreign person goes back to his/her own country and together those two people figure out how to legally immigrate to the US provided that is where they want to live and that they want to continue the relationship
    What is practical USE of doing this?
    You know that this foreign person will be back , immigrating permanently to US after 5 years, so WHAT IS THE USE OF FORCING SOMEONE TO GET SEPARATED FROM SPOUSE AND KIDS FOR 5 YEARS?
    What is the use of it, other than arbitrarily causing undue hardship on entire family?

If you want to live in the US, or any other country, you have to obey their laws, learn their culture, speak their language ---PERIOD--- . IF you can't do this even at the very beginning when you first enter, why should the US Govt believe that you woundt be anything other than an irresponsible person who can't or won't follow their laws?
    That's nothing but empty rhetoric.
    It's not about YOU and ME, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of Spouses of LPR, parents of USC who, UNDER THE LAW, must separate from their families for 5 years (in some cases even much longer) before their I.V is available and before they can immigrate to US!

NOW LET ME ASK YOU AGAIN , Jeff: What is the incentive for them NOT to overstay?

If the LAW was passed tomorrow that said: "Pick up a hummer and hit your wife along with your children!", would YOU OBEY it?!

Leave a comment:

• Urban
    replied
    Someone12 works for the State Department.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dear Still Learning: no, I have never had an immigration problem personally - but, I am patriotic and do not want to see this great country undermined by irresponsible illegal alien border-jumping,visa-scamming dirt bags.
    Jeff: right on....this idiots that "fall in love" with some gc holder already knew that LPR status was far off in the future -- too **** bad. Those are our rules. And really, what are the odds that someone falls "in love" 2 weeks after they arrive in the US, unless they ALREADY KNEW they had a BF or GF in the US....which means they LIED to our embassy when they applied for the tourist visa...so the hell with them....they are just irresponsible lying $hit-4-brains scam artists -- who needs 'em? (maybe Greenland --- send 'em there!)

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Someone12,
    I understand being against illegalities in immigration but you seem to have an exceptionally venomous attitude. Have you had some horrible event in your life that was caused by illegal immigration? Did the other forums kick you off? Is that why you have chosen ILW to police, respond to every post pertaining to anything that MIGHT be illegal? Have you thought of getting a life outside of ILW? It might be healthy for you and make you a happier person :-) I have to deal with undocumented people on my job, I know the effects of illegal immigration, etc. but some people post on here because they WANT to be legal. Maybe they made bad choices in the past and are now out of status but they didn't PLAN to come here and be illegal. (of course some DO do that, but not everyone). As intelligent and knowledgeable as you appear to be (at times) why don't you get involved politically?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Your question doesn't make any sense. "What is the incentive not to overstay?" --- The example you gave is the illegal person's own fault. He/she should have thought about this before he/she started a relationship, made a child. If two people fall in love one is from another country, that foreign person goes back to his/her own country and together those two people figure out how to legally immigrate to the US provided that is where they want to live and that they want to continue the relationship. The fact that someone illegally comes into the US (or legally, but overstays) and starts up a relationship and / or makes a kid, is very unfortunate (FOR THE KID), but the parents should have been more responsible, and the US should not have to compensate for irresponsible people. I am a green card holder, i got it a couple months ago, I've been living / working in the US for just over 9 years LEGALLY. I did this without having to get married or scamming the US Gov't. If you want to live in the US, or any other country, you have to obey their laws, learn their culture, speak their language ---PERIOD--- . IF you can't do this even at the very beginning when you first enter, why should the US Govt believe that you woundt be anything other than an irresponsible person who can't or won't follow their laws?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ImmortalE: why can't you answer my simple question? Please provide a rational, logical explanation as to why someone who marries a gc holder should be allowed to ignore our laws?
    I already know why - because your head is so far up your a$$ you cannot manage a single original thought -which is why you cut and paste other peoples' thoughts - your brain is no larger than your d i c k.

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Icesport, on this site there is a link for "finding a lawyer". That might help you. Make sure they are a member of AILA and that a high percentage of their practice is immigration law. You could list a couple you're considering on this site and other websites and see what feedback you get. A lot of immigration attorneys will do a free consultation. Write out your timeline for them and you can probably find out if there is anything that CAN be done in an hour's time. As far as trusting friends for immigration advice... Apparently a lot of people like to see others fail, for whatever reasons, look up the laws yourself and find an attorney that seems trustworthy.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    [quote,Someone12]you ignorant moron[/quote]

Calling your opponent names only reveals your inability to hold an intelligent and civilized discussion.

As you can see, I didn't delve into rhetoric by exposing immorality and mean-spiritedness of those who advocate, in the name of LAW, to force families stay separated for years.
    IN FACT, this is the kind of LAW that is not much different from the LAWS that existed in 50-s, when colored people, also UNDER THE LAW, were prohibited from riding on certain parts of the bus, from drinking WATER, living and attending public schools along with non-colored people.
    All those atrocious, immoral things were done UNDER THE RULE OF LAW.
    But again, as you notice, in my reply to Jeff I didn't venture into the venue of arguing about Immorality of LAW that blindly demands very lengthy separatation of the immediate family members, and didn't say a word about FLAWED CHARACTERS, Extreme Bias and Mental Illness of those who advocate it.

INSTEAD, I asked very simple question:

What is the incentive NOT to overstay if you happen to fall in love,marry a GC holder who won't go to your country and you also have a USC born child in US, and the US LAW requires that you leave the country for 5 YEARS before your I.V. processed and you can come back?
    Tell me , what is the incentive for such an immigrant NOT to overstay?

With all the empty rhetoric set aside, just try to think and answer: WHAT IS THE INCENTIVE NOT TO OVERSTAY?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ImmortalE: let me ask you a simple question: why can't adults be responsible and obey our laws? A green card holder is not a citizen and that's life.
    If somebody marries one, they have to face the fact, like it or not, that there is a 5 year wait for a gc. Tough. Congress made the rules to be obeyed, you ignorant moron. There is no paragraph with an "*" that says if you marry a gc holder you are exempt from the law.
    Responsible adults obey the laws of any country they are in - period. Anything less indicates a flawed character, one that we don't need nor want in the US of A.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation