•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4now
    replied
    Hi Vierce

You missed the point from "old man". Income plus assets is the key point here. The sponsers income plus for example there is $$ amount of equity in realestate that could qualify as meeting requirement. or some other type of Asset that was listed. If the sponser does not have these things and do not meet income requirement, then a co sponser needs to be found.

Leave a comment:

• vierce
    replied
    Thanks for replying, Old Man.

Really, JOINT income? Let's say I cover requirement with my own income and call it "joint". If that's enough, then what's the point in needing a sponsor to sign the document?

Leave a comment:

• Old Man
    replied
    You will need a cosponsor only if your joint income (or income plus assets) fails to meet the poverty guidelines.

Leave a comment:

• vierce
    replied
    I'm confused, any advice appreciated.
    My USC spouse signed sponsor docs which were submitted along with other I-130 and I-485 papers about a year ago. Everything still pending.

My spouse was laid off in June and has not been employed since. He's still collecting unemployment money.

We're fine for this year in terms in minimum income requirement for sponsor because he "passed" before he got laid off.

My question is, will I need someone else to sign the sponsor petition some time soon? Most likely he will keep collecting unemployment benefit well into the next year, and he may not have the income required by INS. We will most likely file taxes jointly next year, and my salary alone will cover the minimum income requirement. Plus, he has funds in his bank account from house sale and some other assets. Can we work with any of that, or will I need someone else to sign the sponsor petition?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• vierce
    started a topic AOS pending - sponsor no longer employed

AOS pending - sponsor no longer employed

I'm confused, any advice appreciated.
    My USC spouse signed sponsor docs which were submitted along with other I-130 and I-485 papers about a year ago. Everything still pending.

My spouse was laid off in June and has not been employed since. He's still collecting unemployment money.

We're fine for this year in terms in minimum income requirement for sponsor because he "passed" before he got laid off.

My question is, will I need someone else to sign the sponsor petition some time soon? Most likely he will keep collecting unemployment benefit well into the next year, and he may not have the income required by INS. We will most likely file taxes jointly next year, and my salary alone will cover the minimum income requirement. Plus, he has funds in his bank account from house sale and some other assets. Can we work with any of that, or will I need someone else to sign the sponsor petition?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation