Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiance on Probation, Can apply GC for me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance on Probation, Can apply GC for me?

Hi everyone,

I'm on H1 visa. My fiance is a born US citizen. He's been convicted on drug-related charges, and now on probation. Will he be able to apply GC for me? or do we need to wait after his probation is over?

Financial support should not be a problem. I'm on H1, I have enough income for these years to suppor ourselves. It's just his probation makes us worry.

Hi everyone,

I'm on H1 visa. My fiance is a born US citizen. He's been convicted on drug-related charges, and now on probation. Will he be able to apply GC for me? or do we need to wait after his probation is over?

Financial support should not be a problem. I'm on H1, I have enough income for these years to suppor ourselves. It's just his probation makes us worry.

Comment

If marriage is bonifide that should not be a problem. For goodness sake, even people on probation are allowed to get married.

It would have been a problem if the situation were reversed, if you know what I mean.

Again, has to be bonifide!

Good luck

Comment

This was around 4 years ago, but my lawyer said even someone in prison can sponsor someone.
        Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

By the way, hi to everyone! Sammy, Pasha, Umesh, 4 Wow, Michael, Swiss, Still, et al.
          Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

floyd and Josie Jo,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know what you mean Thank god, I've been in this country for 8 years (all leagally), only stopped once by a police car for a traffic ticket. Police is the one you least want to see in your life.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation