Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can USCIS change their finding whenever they feel like it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can USCIS change their finding whenever they feel like it ?

In 1999 I left the US to go Toronto, Canada for a weekend vacation. I was working for an Airline at the time and traveled only on my Airline ID and US Driver License.

On the way back, I was refused admission as a USC and since I did not have any valid travel documents, I was offered to withdraw my application. Later that day I EWI'ed through Detroit and returned to the States. The INS claimed that I attempted entry into the US in 1999 by falsely claiming to be a USC at preflight inspections in Toronto.

During the final Immigration hearing in 2001, both the INS Chief Counsel and the Immigration Judge stated ON THE RECORD that I have only made a misrepresentation and that I would be eligible for a fraud waiver in the future. Was the USCIS (INS) Counsel's statement binding on the USCIS?

Years later the USCIS put a "hard" refusal code entry in the consular lookout system - inadmissibility under 6C2 (False Claim to USC).

I believe that I can use Estoppel as defense. The inadmissibility issue should be considered as "res judicata" - already decided 6 years ago. Thus I believe I should be given the opportunity to apply for a fraud waiver.

Any thoughts on this?

In 1999 I left the US to go Toronto, Canada for a weekend vacation. I was working for an Airline at the time and traveled only on my Airline ID and US Driver License.

On the way back, I was refused admission as a USC and since I did not have any valid travel documents, I was offered to withdraw my application. Later that day I EWI'ed through Detroit and returned to the States. The INS claimed that I attempted entry into the US in 1999 by falsely claiming to be a USC at preflight inspections in Toronto.

During the final Immigration hearing in 2001, both the INS Chief Counsel and the Immigration Judge stated ON THE RECORD that I have only made a misrepresentation and that I would be eligible for a fraud waiver in the future. Was the USCIS (INS) Counsel's statement binding on the USCIS?

Years later the USCIS put a "hard" refusal code entry in the consular lookout system - inadmissibility under 6C2 (False Claim to USC).

I believe that I can use Estoppel as defense. The inadmissibility issue should be considered as "res judicata" - already decided 6 years ago. Thus I believe I should be given the opportunity to apply for a fraud waiver.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Did you have any valid immigration status in the U.S. prior to your visit to Canada?

Comment

you are eff'd...and too FN bad...you are a border jumping scumbag...estoppel this, up your Canuck behind.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
          you are eff'd...and too FN bad...you are a border jumping scumbag...estoppel this, up your Canuck behind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Dikhead Alert!!!

Comment

I was an out-of-status F-1 before I left for Canada.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
              you are eff'd...and too FN bad...you are a border jumping scumbag...estoppel this, up your Canuck behind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am European-born, mate! Lived in the States for 9 years and all my immediate family members live there as USC or LPRs.

It's been 4 years since I got deported and going through Consular processing for my Immigrant Visa now... I hope I get a waiver through my USC mother.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation