Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not being mean. I am only pointing out the folly of being a "victim"

We are on this earth for only a short period of time. If you spend that time as a turtle in his shell you are throwing away a great gift.

Comment

The longer you stay a victim the longer you give power to the person who victimized you.

Comment

In theory, so true. If only it were so simple.

Comment

Michael, I heartily agree with number 1 in your post. I think we get impatient, wanting to see the payback, but we often won't see it at all. It happens though, sooner or later, good or bad.

Sugarpuff, I know what you mean about not wasting time over things, but when you've been damaged it is difficult to look at things in the healthiest way. Each person has to make their own journey to wholeness.

BD, I'm sure that your situation HAS changed you, just as Swiss has been changed. I've had a couple of things happen that I just haven't shared, and I know that I am forever changed because of them. Events change how you look at things and we'll never go back to being the exact people that we were before. I'm hoping that we can all turn that into a positive thing.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation