Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601/I-212 Approval

We won!!! I cannot believe it, but it is true! I received the news about an hour ago. In spite of all the delays, the unofficial denial, the general craziness, etc. etc. etc.

It looks like my husband will finally be coming home.

I aaaaammmmmm soooo happy!!! (I can't even imagine what it will feel like when I believe it... or when he gets the stamp in the passport denoting him a resident.... or when he gets off the plane!!!)

It is nearly over!!!

We won!!! I cannot believe it, but it is true! I received the news about an hour ago. In spite of all the delays, the unofficial denial, the general craziness, etc. etc. etc.

It looks like my husband will finally be coming home.

I aaaaammmmmm soooo happy!!! (I can't even imagine what it will feel like when I believe it... or when he gets the stamp in the passport denoting him a resident.... or when he gets off the plane!!!)

It is nearly over!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Wow, you must be so happy. Now you can finally get on with your life. Perhaps now you can send me some of that xanax, LOL. Well anyway I just wanted to let you know that I am very happy for you and glad that the torture is finally over. Best of luck always.

Comment

Congrats Spouse!!!! What a sense of joy and relief you must feel!!!

Comment

I don't remember the specifics of your case but if I'm remembering correctly there were a few things in common with my friend's... do you remember when you posted your main situation?

Comment

Hi. I posted the original specifics of my case about two years ago I would imagine.

Basically, my husband overstayed his multiple entry visa by more than a year (about two years). About halfway through this time we met, and fell in love. 1 year later we decided to get married (245i was in effect but we really didn't understand immigration at that time.)

We flew to my husbands native country to meet his family and so that I could get to know both them and his culture. Everything was great there.

Then, 1 week later my husband attempted to return to the USA on his multiple entry visa (which had been canceled due to his overstay) in order to find out what we needed to do for him to become legal. Well, needless to say he was removed.

Then a very long process ensued with lawyers passing away, huge quantities of money being spent, and laws being misinterpreted... but in the end, the I-601 (overstay) and the I-212 (removal from POE) were approved!!!!

It has been nearly 3 years... and it is sooo hard to believe.

thanks so much for all the congrats!

Comment

Some marriages are tested and some are TESTED!

Comment

Spouse,

Congratulations. I have continued to come to this board for one reason and that was to find out how your case turns out. I am so happy for you and your husband. Ironically it was one year ago today that my husband's I-601 was approved. (I posted the details Feb. of last year) We spent 5 years and countless thousands of dollars during the process as well. The key, as you and I know now, is to educate and advocate for yourself.

Congratulations again and best of luck. I guess Feb. 10 is our lucky day.

Comment

Congratulations Spouse I am so happy for you. I hope one day I 601 for my husband will be approved. Spouse where did you file and what was the processing time?

Comment

Congratulations!! It's great to hear that it all worked out for you. It's a reminder that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!
                    Have a nice day

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!! Spouse...You have been an inspiration to me and my daughter. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help and suggestions.
                      We will keep you updated with our case.

Concerned (Mom)

Comment

I can't even express how great it is to be the one posting the approval notice. I feel so bonded to you all even though we never met, I couldn't have made it through this without you all.

And I must say - Finally - the coincidence is amazing... Feb 10 with be my lucky day for a long time to come.

As for everyone else, I just checked on another board and heard that someone else's application was approved on January 16. Keep the faith - these things are a test of patience and time, (and everything else) but they do work out!!!!!

Comment

Spouse!! I'm SO happy for you!! WOOHOOOO what a wonderful surprise! Another approval...keep em coming
                          Congratulations

Comment

This is such great news, thanks for giving me hope

rpc

Comment

Finaly
                              what country yuor husband from? My husband is in India for almost 4 years and still waiting for i-601 decision.
                              sns
                              Originally posted by Finally:

Spouse,

Congratulations. I have continued to come to this board for one reason and that was to find out how your case turns out. I am so happy for you and your husband. Ironically it was one year ago today that my husband's I-601 was approved. (I posted the details Feb. of last year) We spent 5 years and countless thousands of dollars during the process as well. The key, as you and I know now, is to educate and advocate for yourself.

Congratulations again and best of luck. I guess Feb. 10 is our lucky day.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation