Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i485 form denied cause didn't show up for NSEER

I came here to US on June 12th 2001 on a B1 visa for six month then extend the visa for another six months. I got married to a US Citizen on June 14th 2003 and I filed my case on March 19th 2003. US Immigration required every one to get the finger print taking at the local office. I didn't go cause my attorney told me not to go cause I didn't have any status and my case wasn't file either. I got my form I 130 apprived on May 30 2007 and they denied my form I 485 cause I didn't show up for NSEER. I took my finger print in 2006 when they called me.
    Since they denied my application my attorney is keep telling me that you need to wait for your court date. It's been 9 months now. I have no answer from him at all. He is not giving me any advice either.
    Should I keep waiting now or is there any way around or should I look for another good lawyer.
    If there is any advice out there from some one I really appreciate it.

I came here to US on June 12th 2001 on a B1 visa for six month then extend the visa for another six months. I got married to a US Citizen on June 14th 2003 and I filed my case on March 19th 2003. US Immigration required every one to get the finger print taking at the local office. I didn't go cause my attorney told me not to go cause I didn't have any status and my case wasn't file either. I got my form I 130 apprived on May 30 2007 and they denied my form I 485 cause I didn't show up for NSEER. I took my finger print in 2006 when they called me.
    Since they denied my application my attorney is keep telling me that you need to wait for your court date. It's been 9 months now. I have no answer from him at all. He is not giving me any advice either.
    Should I keep waiting now or is there any way around or should I look for another good lawyer.
    If there is any advice out there from some one I really appreciate it.

Comment

Hi Imran...

In my own opinion ...
      Your lawyer mess up your case.

If you overstayed your B1 visa and you are married to a US citizen you can definitely
      adjust your status and appear for finger printing.You should have gotten your GC early of 2004.

What court date? did your former lawyer re-appeal your case? You have to check that one too. Seems to me your lawyer is not doing his job.

Get another lawyer.Have them review your case.
      There are bunches of good lawyer out there who
      will walk you through out your case.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">June 14th 2003 and I filed my case on March 19th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you check this one too.. how come you filed March 19th 2003 when you got married June 2003?

Your suppose to file after you got married

Comment

Imran79: So, let me see if I understand this correctly:

You entered America legally, and legally extended your period of authorized stay. After that, however, you decided that you were way too important to follow the rules...and stayed in the country illegally. Then, you decided not to register for NSEER, as required by law.

And, now, you're on here asking for advice as to how you can further circumvent the law!!

I'm sure it all seemed soooo easy at the time...until your I-485 was denied. I guess that you're not quite as important as you think!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation