Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Fiancee Petition Vs. Alien Spouse Petition

I need some advice. I am engaged to a USC and we intend to get married. I am not in the United States yet, I am still in my home country. Our question is, which way should we go? Should he sponsor me as an alien fiancee first or should we just get married in my home country and have him petition me as an alien spouse? Which one would be faster for me to go the United States? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

I need some advice. I am engaged to a USC and we intend to get married. I am not in the United States yet, I am still in my home country. Our question is, which way should we go? Should he sponsor me as an alien fiancee first or should we just get married in my home country and have him petition me as an alien spouse? Which one would be faster for me to go the United States? Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Go to www.visajourney.com and compare the time lines, most say the fiance route is the shortest.

Comment

alein spouses along with adult usc children and parents have priority over fiancees
        i am a usc.i dissagree with most of you all.i dont believe in deportation of anyone that has no criminal record.if that person marries a usc and takes full responsibility for his family he should stay.all we are doing is losing a possible good resid

Comment

Comparing the timelines will give you an idea, it makes a big difference as to which service center ya'll would be using for the fiancee visa. For example, for several months Texas service center showed that they were a few months faster for the k-1 than filing for k-3 through Missouri. On the processing times report Texas has been stuck on the august 27th date for months so I don't know how they're doing now. On www. visajourney.com is one place to check timelines, as was posted... also www.immigrate2us.net has an area where timelines are posted.

Comment

Alien spouses do not have priority over fiance(e)s. They both receive equal priority.

Comment

Visit this link... go and read all the links that are included in original message ....u got to do ur own homework.... And compare time lines .... And take ur decision...if DCF is possible for ur case then go for it or go for fiancée visa...good luck...Pasha

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=438

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed