X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aneri
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trini75:
    why cant I adjust my status i came in to this country legal just overstayed my visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you MAY be able providing your mother filed I-130 before April 31, 2001. But you need a good lawyer to check details and give you options.

You have a few more years before your priority date becomes current.. but it would be good to learn your options now.

Leave a comment:

• Theone
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trini75:
    why cant I adjust my status i came in to this country legal just overstayed my visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can, through marriage to a USC.

Otherwise you will need to leave and be interviewed at your home country Consulate.

But you need a sponsor first.

Leave a comment:

• trini75
    replied
    I spoke to an attorney on this site and I think they told me the same thing I got to have secondary sponsor, but i will have to go to one in person.

Leave a comment:

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    Don't quote me on this, but I think you will need another sponsor. Have you consulted an attorney on how to proceed? That will be your best bet. Let us know when you find out for sure.

Leave a comment:

• trini75
    replied
    why cant I adjust my status i came in to this country legal just overstayed my visa.

Leave a comment:

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    Trini,
    Definitely find a GOOD attorney who is real familiar with immigration law. There may be a way to correct this situation, you just need to find out how.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    wait... did your mother file I-130 before April 31 2001? and you are covered under 245(i)?

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    there is a way to introduce a substitute sponsor in case the primary sponsor dies... but since you are not in legal status, you can't adjust status and become permanent resident.

Leave a comment:

• trini75
    replied
    I am 32 yrs old can my uncle or aunt sponsor me, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    How old are you?

You are not in legal status in the USA, correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• trini75
    replied
    I am not legal here.

Leave a comment:

• trini75
    replied
    my I- 130 was approve in 2005 I do got an uncle and aunt here, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    I came up here in 2001 My mother who is a green card holder file for me the same yr, she died in 2002 but my petition was approve in 2005 will my papers still go through I got two kids up here one with my gf shes also illegal who I live with and who can I get to sponsor me, I really need your help, thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How old are you?
    Do you have any close relatives in the USA that can be a substitute sponsor (like uncle, grandparent?)

You are not in legal status in the USA, correct?

Leave a comment:

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    Trini,
    First of all, I am very sorry you lost your mother, my condolences to you.

Q for you:
    Was the I-130 approved or the I-485, or both?

Leave a comment:

• trini75
    replied
    I came up here in 2001 My mother who is a green card holder file for me the same yr, she died in 2002 but my petition was approve in 2005 will my papers still go through I got two kids up here one with my gf shes also illegal who I live with and who can I get to sponsor me, I really need your help, thank you.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation