X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone ?

Hi Friends,
    Just a quick question. 5 weeks ago when I went for my FBI fingerprinting here in Chicago. The officer told me to put my home # on the form which I did. Now my question is since we get so many telemarketing calls we NEVER pick up the phone and since we have a answering machine if it is a important call people just leave us a message for us to return and if they are tele-marketers they just hang up the moment my out going message starts. Now my question is do the INS call for any reason? I mean they have always sent me letters. And if they call they do leave a message right? I just don't want to miss any calls because of some annoying telemarketers that is all. Thank you as always for your fast and accurate info guys.

Raju

Ps INS has my email address and cell # too. Some people still call even if you tell them to put on the DO NOT CALL LIST.

Hi Friends,
    Just a quick question. 5 weeks ago when I went for my FBI fingerprinting here in Chicago. The officer told me to put my home # on the form which I did. Now my question is since we get so many telemarketing calls we NEVER pick up the phone and since we have a answering machine if it is a important call people just leave us a message for us to return and if they are tele-marketers they just hang up the moment my out going message starts. Now my question is do the INS call for any reason? I mean they have always sent me letters. And if they call they do leave a message right? I just don't want to miss any calls because of some annoying telemarketers that is all. Thank you as always for your fast and accurate info guys.

Raju

Ps INS has my email address and cell # too. Some people still call even if you tell them to put on the DO NOT CALL LIST.

Comment

Get caller ID, It's mandatory for them to show their telephone numbers now.

Comment

Yes the FBI is so stretched thin for money they are selling phone lists to telemarketers. Give me a break. Be thankful you have a phone. God bless America.

Comment

Michael you stink....pretty bad actually. What have you done for America lately?

Comment

Raju,

The phone numbers are not used to inform you about the fingerprinting results. Probably an additional identification source for INS. That is it.

Do not worry! You are going to get your AOS interview soon. If you are married for more than 2 years you get a regular green card.

Best of luck

Comment

Hi gabbygirl,
              Thank you so much for your response. I know we can get caller ID but you see as it is we really don't have any use of the phone line we have right now and it is just a waste of money since we use it just for internet since we have cell phones and Caller ID would mean more 5 bucks gone in drain. Thank you so much for your response and suggestion. I really appreciate it.
              Raju

Hey Michael,
              No wonder so many people are annoyed with your nuisance. For one you can't read man .I never said FBI is selling phone lists to Tele-marketers. You really need to take some English courses brother. And by the way I am thankful to have phone, food, car and etc. I never take anything for granted. Now please do us all a favor and get some English courses.
              Raju

Hi Kalla,
              Michael cannot read. He is taking some English courses now. By the way that was a good question.
              Raju

Hi kenny,
              Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. You might be right it might be just another ID source. I just hope IF they do call they leave me a message that is all. I mean sometimes the phone rings after 7pm so I am sure that is not the INS since they work from like 8- 5pm I think. Anyway thank you for your response and encouragement.
              Raju,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed