Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public aid & citizen

My parents (senior citizen) has been a green card holder for five years. They got their green card though DV- lottery. If they apply for public aid like medical card and food stamp will it make problem for them when they apply for citizenship?
    In Illinois immigrate eligible for medical card and food stamp after living in the state for five years? Anybody experience in this matter?
    What does the immigration laws say getting public assistance? Thanks to all.

My parents (senior citizen) has been a green card holder for five years. They got their green card though DV- lottery. If they apply for public aid like medical card and food stamp will it make problem for them when they apply for citizenship?
    In Illinois immigrate eligible for medical card and food stamp after living in the state for five years? Anybody experience in this matter?
    What does the immigration laws say getting public assistance? Thanks to all.

Comment

See:
      http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

Page 47

Comment

I've a similar question too.
        Does filing for unemployment affect for applying for citizenship?

Comment

Are you the sponser for your senior parents?

If they get cash assistance , then you as the sponser are responsible for paying the state back the monies for any cash support regardless until they have40qtrs of earned income. this however will not affect their citizenship

I am going to control myself and refrain form commenting on why they will be collecting this type of benefits, just because "they can now", so why not.

unemployment compensation does not affect citizenship unless for some reason you were overpaid benefits and they were not repaid to the state. or if they were not listed on your 1040 tax return as having record of unpaid taxes on the monies received.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation