Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are back from I-485 interview in Pittsburgh

Well that was a long trip for a 20 minute interview! The guy who interviewed us never cracked a smile, no chit chat, just strictly business which I really expected. I can't believe I took everything listed on the paper, and all he took from us was a copy of our baby's birth certificate, 2004 tax return, employment letters, child support info (from previous marriage), joint account info and the medical exam. He didn't even ask for the medical exam, and I did ask him if he needed that although I did not offer anything else that he didn't specifically ask for. He completely forgot to ask for the medical exam. He asked did we have any pics, and we took an al***. He flipped through it although he never really "looked" at anything in it. The only thing he asked us was how we met. We told him we met in the Calcutta chat room. He took note of that. I guess he will go back and check the file to see if the answer stayed the same. That is the only thing he took note of. He did ask me repeatedly why did I go in a Calcutta chat room. What could I say? No reason, just surfing around...LOL We had the baby with us. He was very uninterested in us. We had all that he asked for and more, and he saw the baby and checked over her birth certificate very good. Nothing about us sparked any interest for him to separate us and interview us apart. Twenty minutes and it was over. He did ask my husband has he had any arrests or convictions while here and the standard "do you intend to engage in any terrorist activities?" type questions. He said he would do a background check and review the file, and we would get something in the mail. I felt very confident. I think we would have been there much longer had there been any problem. I saw two couples come after us, and they had no attorney. My husband and I have gone through this entire process by ourselves without the help of an attorney. I think we have done everything as good as any attorney could. There was one couple who were there before us, and they were facing problems. She was at least 20 years older than her husband. He looked early 20s, and she looked late 40s. She had her teenage daughter with her, and the interviewer came out and got the husband and I heard her tell him they are having some problems. They were there before us and still there when we left. So that alone made me feel confident that they didn't find any problem in us. Basically all he asked was how we met and if we were both still working full time. He asked how long I had been working for the federal government, and I told him 15 years. He asked who takes care of our baby, and we told him she had been in day care since she was 7 weeks old, so he seemed satisfied with our answers. What do you all think? I personally feel confident. I didn't offer him anything he didn't ask for, and I had a tote full of papers. Gee he wasn't at all nice. In fact when I saw him call someone earlier than us, I was thinking in my mind "Please don't let this guy interview us." LOL

Well that was a long trip for a 20 minute interview! The guy who interviewed us never cracked a smile, no chit chat, just strictly business which I really expected. I can't believe I took everything listed on the paper, and all he took from us was a copy of our baby's birth certificate, 2004 tax return, employment letters, child support info (from previous marriage), joint account info and the medical exam. He didn't even ask for the medical exam, and I did ask him if he needed that although I did not offer anything else that he didn't specifically ask for. He completely forgot to ask for the medical exam. He asked did we have any pics, and we took an al***. He flipped through it although he never really "looked" at anything in it. The only thing he asked us was how we met. We told him we met in the Calcutta chat room. He took note of that. I guess he will go back and check the file to see if the answer stayed the same. That is the only thing he took note of. He did ask me repeatedly why did I go in a Calcutta chat room. What could I say? No reason, just surfing around...LOL We had the baby with us. He was very uninterested in us. We had all that he asked for and more, and he saw the baby and checked over her birth certificate very good. Nothing about us sparked any interest for him to separate us and interview us apart. Twenty minutes and it was over. He did ask my husband has he had any arrests or convictions while here and the standard "do you intend to engage in any terrorist activities?" type questions. He said he would do a background check and review the file, and we would get something in the mail. I felt very confident. I think we would have been there much longer had there been any problem. I saw two couples come after us, and they had no attorney. My husband and I have gone through this entire process by ourselves without the help of an attorney. I think we have done everything as good as any attorney could. There was one couple who were there before us, and they were facing problems. She was at least 20 years older than her husband. He looked early 20s, and she looked late 40s. She had her teenage daughter with her, and the interviewer came out and got the husband and I heard her tell him they are having some problems. They were there before us and still there when we left. So that alone made me feel confident that they didn't find any problem in us. Basically all he asked was how we met and if we were both still working full time. He asked how long I had been working for the federal government, and I told him 15 years. He asked who takes care of our baby, and we told him she had been in day care since she was 7 weeks old, so he seemed satisfied with our answers. What do you all think? I personally feel confident. I didn't offer him anything he didn't ask for, and I had a tote full of papers. Gee he wasn't at all nice. In fact when I saw him call someone earlier than us, I was thinking in my mind "Please don't let this guy interview us." LOL

Comment

SPrasad: Are you working on your LPR States with the federal government, What agency?
      Which Dist.office you went for this I-485 interview

Comment

SPrasad, congratulations on your interview. Did the immigration officer make any notations in your passport? also, did he indicate how long it would take to receive the approval letter/GC?

Comment

Oh sorry if I confused anyone. I am the US citizen. It just so happens I work for the federal government, and the interviewer asked me how long I had been working for the government and if I am still full time. No notations were made in my husband's passport. He just looked at it and gave it back. He did not give any indication as to how long it would take to get any approval, and we didn't want to seem overly anxious so we didn't ask. I did ask him if we would need to return to Pittsbugh again, and he said he doubted it and that he would run the background check and review the file and we would receive something in the mail. I am thinking we should hear within a month???

Comment

Is there an immigration lawyer that can tell us why some passports are stamped and some are during the interview??

also, assuming the interview went well, does anyone how long after the interview is the approval letter/GC mailed?

Comment

That's an answer I would also like to know. Maybe I should have asked him, but he just didn't have any personality whatsoever, and we felt very confident.

Comment

Your passport is stamped on the day of the interview when everything is correct.. I mean... when the evidence documents are satisfactory and you are cleared from the FBI.... When you are approved by the officer but your background check is not ready... he/she cannot stamp your passport... he/she has to wait until you are cleared from the FBI, then they send a letter approving your case.

Comment

Well that makes me feel much better. He said he had to do the background check, so this must be why he didn't stamp anything or make notations. Thanks so much for your reply. :-)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation