Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal permanent resident of Canada

Hi everyone! Can you tell me if legal permanent resident of Canada can marry someone outside Canada, bring her in Canada as his wife and make her also legal permanent resident?
    Thank you

Hi everyone! Can you tell me if legal permanent resident of Canada can marry someone outside Canada, bring her in Canada as his wife and make her also legal permanent resident?
    Thank you

Comment

There don't seem to be a lot of people that visit this site that are very knowledgeable about Canadian immigration. You may have more luck with this site: "http://www.britishexpats.com/" and their discussion forum.

Comment

Yes, you can. Are you in Canada or outside Canada at this moment?

Comment

My friend is in Canada but he wants to marry his long time girlfriend and bring her in Canada because currently she lives in their home country.I know that this is impossible for US permanent resident but I don't know what the law in Canada says about this.You response is really appreciated!
          Thank you

Comment

Hi... I am new to this site and not familiar at all (YET) with all terms and abbreviations used so please pardon my (naive) question. My fiancé is a Canadian Citizen and a legal permanent resident in the US since almost a decade. I am a Belgian Citizen and live in Belgium. We want to live together and (would you believe it?) we wish to get married. For the time being, I have a job in Belgium but can't wait to be with my "Sweety" in SC.
            What would be the best (read "most efficient" and "fastest") legal procedure to avoid being separated for several years? Indeed, I heard it could take up to 4 years. Is this true? What do you suggest?
            Thank you so much for your feedback!
            Christine
            "Not even the sky could be the limit"

Comment

If you are looking for more information about Family Class immigration, there's a good FAQ on this Canada immigration website.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation