Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in filing N-400

My husband is filing for US Citizenship to upgrade his petition for me(I'm out of status but legally came here, we have a child now).What do we have to fill up in the question about my immigration status, choses are US CITIZEN, LPR OR OTHERS.Obviously we have to check OTHERS but what are we going to put there, is it my current status as Out of Status(non-immigrant) or country's citizenship such as Canadian Citizen.And my husband was cited for violating a traffic sign though he had attended school for it and the record was corrected do we still have to indicate it.Please give us some advice, we'll greatly appreciate it.

I m not a lawyer but I read somewhere that your illegal status could hurt your husband's eligibilites to become a USC... consult a good lawyer... If its possible u can go back to Canada and do the right thing once he is USC...u dont need a visa to visit USA anyway if it still didnt kick the 3-10 yrs bar in...good luck...

Comment

Please Pasha Patel could you remember where did you read about this?We are deeply troubled. Will it be safe if we would not indicate where I am right now at N-400 form? But will it affect my husband's petition for me to become legal?
      We're very grateful to Pasha for replying but can anyone give us more advice, maybe through their experience, before we get a laywer(you know how expensive to get one)Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Hi EMC, how long have you been out-of-status? If it has been less than 180 days then you should go back to Canada and let your husband get his citizenship and then come back. I know that it is easier said than done but I would reckon that his application would be denied on the basis of lacking moral character because he is essentially helping you to avoid immigration laws. Try drawing up a short list of essential questions and start calling round a few lawyers. I managed to get away with calling a few lawyers and getting the answers I needed for free(you need to give them the impression that you might hire them).
        One thing I do know about Naturalization is tell your husband that he has to state his traffic violations on the application. It won't adversely affect his application. The key phrase here is tell the truth.

Comment

ALL GRINTS ARE THE SAME , ALL ARE ****STERS/FRAUDSTERS, I TELL YOU!!!

YES , EPIC, I KNOW, YOU RIGHT!!!
          THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ****!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN DEPO MAN AROUND?

NO, BUT LET ME CALL HIM!!!
          DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
          DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
          WAKE UP, DEPO MAN!!!
          COME AND GET THESE ****STER/FRAUDSTER GRINTS OUT OF HERE!!!

Comment

wow pencil d i c k ..........how long did it take your one braincell to think up that response??

Comment

ANOTHER FRAUDSTER/****STER POSTS ON ILW!!!

ALL GRINTS ARE THE SAME , ALL ARE ****STERS/FRAUDSTERS, I TELL YOU!!!

YES , EPIC, I KNOW, YOU RIGHT!!!
              THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ****!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN DEPO MAN AROUND?

NO, BUT LET ME CALL HIM!!!
              DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
              DEPO MAAAAAN!!!!
              WAKE UP, DEPO MAN!!!
              COME AND GET THESE ****STER/FRAUDSTER GRINTS OUT OF HERE!!!

Comment

I GOT YOUR CALL !!!

FRAUDSTERS - GET OUT NOW !!!

Comment

Thank you paddy, we'll try to call some lawyer. Thanks for your support!!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation