Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved I-131, Can I travel to my country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I-131, Can I travel to my country?

Hello,

I wanted to know if there's any rules against going to the country where you filed asylum against. I have a child I need to go and get to be with me and my travel document was issued and her I-730 completed and a visa should be issued anytime now by the US embassy in my country of origin. I also have not applied for permanent resident.

What do you think? I intend to be 5 to 7 days there...

Please help!!!

Hello,

I wanted to know if there's any rules against going to the country where you filed asylum against. I have a child I need to go and get to be with me and my travel document was issued and her I-730 completed and a visa should be issued anytime now by the US embassy in my country of origin. I also have not applied for permanent resident.

What do you think? I intend to be 5 to 7 days there...

Please help!!!

Comment

What is the status of your asylum case?

From USCIS,

Can I Travel Outside the United States?
      If you are applying for asylum and want to travel outside the United States, you must receive advance permission before you leave the United States in order to return to the United States. This advance permission is called Advance Parole. If you do not apply for Advance Parole before you leave the country, you will be presumed to have abandoned your application with USCIS and you may not be permitted to return to the United States.

If you obtain advance parole and return to your country of feared persecution, you will be presumed to have abandoned your asylum request, unless you can show compelling reasons for the return. If your application for asylum is approved, you may apply for a Refugee Travel Document.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

No u can't visit the country u got asylum from. Did u mention in the application for i-131 Part 7 that u intend to visit the country u got asylum? I am sure u must have said "NO".
        Now if u visit it will be serious violation & may cancell ur asylum status.
        Be careful

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed