Arab got married to American Citizin...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arab got married to American Citizin...

Hi all,

I got married for about two years to an Arab american citizen here in Dubai and we have now a kid, and I would like to know what is required to be filled and how much time it needs to get the green card and the citizenship.

P.S I am an arabic muslim guy, does that makes any difference in the rules, espcailly after 11 SEP. Or because I am arab the process will be more complicated and takes ages to reach citizenship.

Dani A

Hi all,

I got married for about two years to an Arab american citizen here in Dubai and we have now a kid, and I would like to know what is required to be filled and how much time it needs to get the green card and the citizenship.

P.S I am an arabic muslim guy, does that makes any difference in the rules, espcailly after 11 SEP. Or because I am arab the process will be more complicated and takes ages to reach citizenship.

Dani A

Comment

Technically no, because that will constitutes as discrimination. Realisticaly, you'll probably face more scrutiny, but if the marriage is legit and you follow all the step by the book, I doubt there's going to be any problem.

Comment

Any of you are U.S. citizens?

Comment

You need to see a psychiatrist; why would anyone marry one of them ? Just begging for trouble.

Comment

Marmaduk is not exactly right, because there is a regulation specifically concerning Arab males which would make the process more complex.And sorry to tell you that but I guess it is necessary discrimination...

Comment

TrojanHorse:
              Care to point out the regulation? I can think of Special Registration but IIRC is has nothing to do with GC process (more of a exit-entry tracking system), and its not limited to Arabs either.

Comment

"Visa applications for all male individuals who are citizens or were born in, the following 26 countries with large Arab and Muslim populations may be delayed due to extensive background checks (list of countries, including Saudi Arabia)". Visa applicants from the affected countries will also have to complete a detailed questionaire on their backgrounds... and so on.
                This is not a printout from some publication, but from my lawyer's letter. However, I am assuming they wouldnt just write it if it wasnt true. It looks discriminatory, but, fingerprints are too, and noone cares to complain so... if it is necessary it is not presumed to be discrimination. Makes sense, right?

Comment

You might be put through some extra scrutiny, but if you've never had any immgration problems in the US before, things will probably work out fine. Good luck. You also might want to try http://www.immigrate2us.net
                  Have a nice day

Comment

i dont think u should have any problems if ur marriage is legit... well this is quite possible that they might want to check background and other things in details before approving your petition....but as long as everything is clear i meant there is no criminal history and bona fide marriage....good luck

Comment

here are legal ways how to file a petition...check this link out

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...pg=compare#dcf

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed