Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time in detention, before deportation...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandora
    replied
    Also, see, if he qualifies for "voluntary departure" that would help his latter legal return to the U.S.

I would strongly discourage from ignoring the removal order, as that will diminish his chances to ever be able to enter or reside in the U.S. legally.

Leave a comment:

• misselegance
    replied
    I turned over his passport to INS the day he turned himself over to their custody. His lawyer said anywhere between 10-14 days more. He has been in custody since May 10th. I am anxious for this to be over. It has been hell since he has been in there.He fell once and hit his head on a table and had to have 6 staples in his head. While he was bleeding and being taken to the hospital one of the gaurds was very agressive towards him and asked him why he was there Are you a member of Alqueida or the Taliban... He was very rude... this has been awful.. Ofcourse I complained and the officer was reprimanded...

Leave a comment:

• WB
    replied
    In my opinion and based on what I have seen, how long he spends in detention will depend upon two things....1) how motivated his deportation officer is to complete his travel documents and 2) any problems that the deportation officer encounters while trying to get his travel documents in order. If your husband has a current passport, it probably shouldn't take very long. On the other hand, if his passport has expired, it could be awhile. I hope that it doesn't drag on for you. The ICE held my husband in custody for eight months and, frankly, it was h e l l.

Leave a comment:

• keska
    replied
    To answer the question, my experience has been it takes 1-4 weeks until the actual deportation flight once the final order has been issued. My last client waited in detention almost exactly 4 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• misselegance
    replied
    The median wage in the American household is 45,000. Also Micheal, unless you are a native American your ancestors, at somepoint, were immigrants themselves. Besides in most American households to day both people work. So then the total household income would average at about 90,000. I won't ask you how much you make Micheal but I know that you must have too much free time since you always find the time to be nasty to your fellow human beings.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    $50,000 a year ? How does he intend to support a family on that let alone himself ?

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    Does not compute.

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    Well, then it looks like you snagged yourself a good fellow, misselegence.

I speak 3 languages and I earn squat .

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    You'd do the same thing, Glue, and you know it.

I suppose someone COULD love a Mexican, but I certainly can't fathom it.

Leave a comment:

• misselegance
    replied
    Actually he was has been wroking for the last 13 years but has been at his most recent job (most people move up in jobs at some point) for the last 6 years. he had an anual salary of about 50,000 and he speaks 3 languages. Spanish, English, and French.

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    She didn't say he was only employed for 6 out of the 13 years, Michael. She said he'd been in the same job for the last 6 years. I've been employed since I was 18 but I've only been in my current job for 2 1/2 years. That doesn't mean I've only been employed for 2 1/2 years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Employed 6 out of 13 years eh ? While that may be a record for a hispanic, it is pathetic by American standards. I hope they give him the Abu Ghraib treatment and send the criminal on his way back to Peru.

Leave a comment:

• Glühbirne
    replied
    You will probably be filing the I-601 and I-212. There are a lot of people filing those at http://immigrate2us.net You might want to stop by and have a look.

Leave a comment:

• misselegance
    replied
    Thing is, when me and my husband realized that there was a problem we immidiately found a lwayer and my husband turned himself over to INS. It was our lawyers opinion that since he has been in the United States for the last 13 years had the same job for the last 6 years with not even a sick day and is married to a USC he would be fine. Well we expect him to be deported soon we just hope that it will not be a long time. I do not want him to sit in some detention center for the next 5 months. Shortly there afterwards I will follow him to Peru and we will begin the process to come back.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation