Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: n400

I applied for my citizenship in Dc but now off to Florida for a contract can i continue my application by going to the office in Florida if needed .
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

I applied for my citizenship in Dc but now off to Florida for a contract can i continue my application by going to the office in Florida if needed .
    Regards and thanks,

Comment

From: http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf
      If you have a pending naturalization application and you move, you must notify USCIS of your new address.You can call 1-800-375-5283 to report your new address.You must also file Form AR-11 with DHS.You may change your address online via an electronic AR-11 form at
      http://www.uscis.gov. See page 12 for instructions.

I'm not sure, but relocating could also delay the N-400 processing time due to the 3-month state residency requirement.

Good luck.

Comment

I've seen it both ways. Some get lucky and are still interviewed in the old State while others have to wait 3 months in the new State before getting an interview. If you get an interview appt in DC go to it and see what happens.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

You must transfer the application.

Comment

what can i expect at my interview its in 3 weeks :-) are they freindly etc do i need to bring all my tax returns etc ..
            Regards and thanks,

Comment

Bring all originals (LPR card, PP, State issued ID, Birth cte, Marriage cte - if applicable, Divorce judg't - if applicable, Apartment lease/House deed, etc.) and copies of Bank statements, utility bills, tax returns (5 years - if 5 yr case), etc. If 3 yr case based on marriage - you need to bring joint documents and evidence of bona fide marriage as you did at your initial interview. Regarding the officer - yes most of them are nice and helpful. Just do not answer more than the question, keep your calm and you will be fine.
              Best wishes,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed