Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience in deportation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Just out of curiosity, did they tell you why you were released and not kept in custody? In San Diego they don't care what your situation is. Kids, job, what ever, you go straight to jail, no questions asked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good question Davdah,
    in Michigan, I have heard of similar releases of a parent (usually the mother) if there are young children involved. I was surprised as well. Is ICE getting a heart??????

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IlovemyFamily:
      We filed a I130 and got a receipt back, and now we filed a I485, and we are going to wait to get a receipt of that one until we do the motion to reopen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your husband is US citizen? If yes, you could have filed I-130 and I-485 at the same time. If you were advised by your lawyer to do one at the time, find a different one (considering also that he told you not to go and see IO)! You lost some time... isn't there a deadline to file montion to reopen?

Comment

what's your parents status?

Comment

my mom is working on her citizenship she is a permanent recident right now. my father is dead. and my step father is a us citizen. My mom met my step father in argentina when i was 9 years old and immidiatly they started working on the visa to be able to come to the US. took a year for us to get the visa and then he got us over here, then they got married. and started the immigration papers.
          http://i160.photobucket.com/al***s/t...ips_2007/A.jpg

Comment

yes, but due to the circumstances that i was, he said that i have a chance. they file deportation in 2004. but i never knew about it. immigration said they send letters to my moms address wehrei used to live but my paernts never gave me anything, and at the time i was pretty much leaving off a suitcase because of the abuse that was going on in my house i couldnt stay there, my mom at one momment told me to leave and not to come back. so thats what i did. and i didnt have a steady home to have a address to do a change of address with immigration, until i got married last year.

Comment

that's odd. How come you did not receive permanent resident status the same time as your mother? and nobody did anything about it?

you do need a good lawyer. In addition, educate yourself so you can ask right questions.

Good luck. One step at the time.

Comment

im not a threat to anyone, im not here doing any harm. im not working illegaly, im not using the goverment for anything, my child goes to school. private school. im a stay home mom,my husband works. i never had any run ins with the law. i graduated from school. i didnt go to college because i didnt have the money to, but i did have scholarships that i earned,thru art competitions. but i didnt have the rest of the money to compete the tuition. i dont do drugs,im not an alcoholic. all i do is take care of my daughter, husband, home. yeah i would love to work, but im not ready to go back to work. until my little girl is older. right now i love the fact that i can stay home to take care of her needs, and the house needs. dont get me wrong we are not rich by any means, as a matter of fact, we are barely making it, but we pay for our insurance, everyweek, and we pay for school. i've been here more than half of my life, i dont even watch spanish tv. the only way you would know im hispanic is by my typing, ITS HORRIBLE.lol

now i like to think that i belong here. many people dissagree. but god created us all equal is just a matter of money. territory. now, i would go back to argentina, i would even go to canada, or europe somewhere, if i knew my family would be ok with me there. if the goverment dont think i deserv to stay here with my family, well. im taking my faimily wherever i go. but then my family will be in the hard situation that i was in. its tough. i thank god everyday for my life,myfamily. im blessed to have a husband that understands and we work together, we are strong. we dont care were we live as long as our family is together.

just like anyone else would.

Comment

what do you mean by that. We are doing what my lawyer said to do. If he tells me that if i go there and they are going to take me to jail, and they are not going to let me see my family. hell i wait until i get my court date to show up. they know im here. im not hidding, really. i even called the INS office here and talked to one of the detectives the other day and told him that they never gave me an address or a time to be there, and he gave me an address and was like just be there some time soon. so i was like ok. he even knew who i was , i guess they dont have many people from argentina getting deported or here illigaly. but he said that i had a good chance of getting things claired up....you know , They are doing their job, they are people too, they were kind to me, they never even hand cuff me. they treated me like a person not an illigal alien. when i talked to this INS detective the other day he even said that if i needed him to make a statement that i did call and talked to him, becuase they made some mistake in the paper work , that he would give one, he gave me his name ,badge number and all..i was really surprised.

it shows that i care whats going on. now its up to them. yes. sad but true.

Comment

well..immigration lost papers at first and we had to re do a lot of things. they lost finger prints at one point also , so we had to redo that and takes time. then my step father who was my sponsor at the time , he because a alcoholic and he went nuts on my mom and i, to were we couldnt even stay at the same house. he was soupose to finish things up but instead he messed things up..wich he addmitted to and he is wheeling to tell the IND judge if it cmes to that.

Comment

ok, i will try.

Comment

Posted August 12, 2007 03:36 AM Hide Post
                        Hard to say. It could very well depend on what USCIS sees as a flight risk. A mother with no where to go would pose an insignificant chance of dissapearing. However, how would they know what her situation was? I would assume they do a little more than just show up at the given address once they get the call.

THE ONE ABOVE IS YOUR QUESTION, THE BOTTOM IS MY REPLY..I THINK THIS ONE IS THE ONE THAT CONFUSED YOU. THANKS.

Posted August 12, 2007 12:36 PM Hide Post
                        what do you mean by that. We are doing what my lawyer said to do. If he tells me that if i go there and they are going to take me to jail, and they are not going to let me see my family. hell i wait until i get my court date to show up. they know im here. im not hidding, really. i even called the INS office here and talked to one of the detectives the other day and told him that they never gave me an address or a time to be there, and he gave me an address and was like just be there some time soon. so i was like ok. he even knew who i was , i guess they dont have many people from argentina getting deported or here illigaly. but he said that i had a good chance of getting things claired up....you know , They are doing their job, they are people too, they were kind to me, they never even hand cuff me. they treated me like a person not an illigal alien. when i talked to this INS detective the other day he even said that if i needed him to make a statement that i did call and talked to him, becuase they made some mistake in the paper work , that he would give one, he gave me his name ,badge number and all..i was really surprised.

it shows that i care whats going on. now its up to them. yes. sad but true.

Comment

that's odd. How come you did not receive permanent resident status the same time as your mother? and nobody did anything about it?

you do need a good lawyer. In addition, educate yourself so you can ask right questions.

Good luck. One step at the time.

ONCE AGAIN

I HOPE THIS HELPS

Posted August 12, 2007 12:39 PM Hide Post
                          well..immigration lost papers at first and we had to re do a lot of things. they lost finger prints at one point also , so we had to redo that and takes time. then my step father who was my sponsor at the time , he because a alcoholic and he went nuts on my mom and i, to were we couldnt even stay at the same house. he was soupose to finish things up but instead he messed things up..wich he addmitted to and he is wheeling to tell the IND judge if it cmes to that

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed