Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any experience in deportation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any experience in deportation?

im 23, i've been in the us for over 12 years,i have a child now and im married. about a month ago immigration showed up at my home and arrested me, they told me that i have an outstanding warrant for deportation. i have a lawyer now, and we are trying to file a motion to reopen. since my case has been closed. i have been working eversince i got my ssc and i been doing my taxes every year, i dont understand how come i never got a letter from immigration before, i did a lot of things wrong , but i didnt know, for example i moved and didnt change my address, but i thought my mom and step dad had doen it all for me , since i was a minor at the time. its really confusing. i dont know a lot about immigration, really .i thought it was just takinga long time to get my permanent recidence. now im stuck home with my child, and i cant do anything ,scared that i will get arrested again, we are just waiting to get some receits back until we do the motion to re open the case. until then i have to be invisible, i hate it. we just bought our first home, and we might not be able to maintain it now because of all the extra costs. i 've been a house wife for the past year, and i really dont intend to go back to work until my child is older. but if they deport me, i feel my life would be over, if they dont let me come back, then my husband and my child would be in the same situation that i am right now, but in my country. iam from argentina. i honestly dont know whats going to happen , mi prying that thigns will be ok. what do you think?
    http://i160.photobucket.com/al***s/t...ips_2007/A.jpg

im 23, i've been in the us for over 12 years,i have a child now and im married. about a month ago immigration showed up at my home and arrested me, they told me that i have an outstanding warrant for deportation. i have a lawyer now, and we are trying to file a motion to reopen. since my case has been closed. i have been working eversince i got my ssc and i been doing my taxes every year, i dont understand how come i never got a letter from immigration before, i did a lot of things wrong , but i didnt know, for example i moved and didnt change my address, but i thought my mom and step dad had doen it all for me , since i was a minor at the time. its really confusing. i dont know a lot about immigration, really .i thought it was just takinga long time to get my permanent recidence. now im stuck home with my child, and i cant do anything ,scared that i will get arrested again, we are just waiting to get some receits back until we do the motion to re open the case. until then i have to be invisible, i hate it. we just bought our first home, and we might not be able to maintain it now because of all the extra costs. i 've been a house wife for the past year, and i really dont intend to go back to work until my child is older. but if they deport me, i feel my life would be over, if they dont let me come back, then my husband and my child would be in the same situation that i am right now, but in my country. iam from argentina. i honestly dont know whats going to happen , mi prying that thigns will be ok. what do you think?

Comment

have you talk to a lawyer? you need an immigration attorney.

Comment

I don't think your situation is as bleak as you may feel right now. 2 questions for you:
        1)It sounds like INS released you because you have a child? (I am assuming you are still in the USA).
        2)How long were you in custody and what were the conditions of your release?
        If they released you, then they already know you are here and will not come back to pick you up unless your motion is denied. Please elaborate.

Comment

yes they released me because i have a child, they released me as soon as they brought me to custody, they finger printed me and then they released me.

they pickted me up at 6 am, they drove for about 5 hours picking up other people, and then when they got the the office they had order to release me under supervision. i signed one paper and took one picture and figer prints and then they released me.

yes im still in the US, im in Texas, but i did come here Legal and the right paper work was done , they told me that i was one step away from getting my permanent residence. and they cloed my case becuase of negligence?

i was soupose to go to another immigration office for a check up two weeks after they picked me up, but they never have me an address or a phone number to call, they just gave me a date, my lawyer adviced not to go anyways, not that we knew were to go anyways.

i never had any felonies, or even speeding tickets. i was never hiding either, i grew up in this town and i stayd here, so it wasnt like i was hiding from them by any means. i never changed my name and i only used the SSC they gave me.

thanks for the reply
          JM

Comment

My spelling is horrible, i get to exited when i type and i never double check. Sorry Yall

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IlovemyFamily:
              yes they released me because i have a child, they released me as soon as they brought me to custody, they finger printed me and then they released me.

That is a good thing. They could have put you on a plane and put your child into protective custody. They released you so you can take care of your child and they did not consider you a flight risk.

they pickted me up at 6 am, they drove for about 5 hours picking up other people, and then when they got the the office they had order to release me under supervision.

So you are released conditionally under an order of supervision, kind of like probation, where you need to check in with INS upon their request to show them you are still here, are not trying to escape and are complying with their directives.

i signed one paper and took one picture and figer prints and then they released me.

yes im still in the US, im in Texas, but i did come here Legal and the right paper work was done , they told me that i was one step away from getting my permanent residence. and they cloed my case becuase of negligence?

Not sure why your 485 was denied, they should have sent you the reason(s) along with the denial letter.

i was soupose to go to another immigration office for a check up two weeks after they picked me up, but they never have me an address or a phone number to call, they just gave me a date, my lawyer adviced not to go anyways, not that we knew were to go anyways.

Really bad advise from your attorney. You should follow the directives given at your release. If you go to the meeting, they are not going to retake you into custody after they just released you. They are simply making sure that you are where you said you would be and are not trying to avoid them. I strongly suggest getting in touch with the officer who handled your case and let him know that you want to comply, but do not have the address. If you just don't show up for appointed meetings, you are jeopardizing your supervised released status and they will come back to pick you up.

i never had any felonies, or even speeding tickets. i was never hiding either, i grew up in this town and i stayd here, so it wasnt like i was hiding from them by any means. i never changed my name and i only used the SSC they gave me.

thanks for the reply
              JM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

We filed a I130 and got a receipt back, and now we filed a I485, and we are going to wait to get a receipt of that one until we do the motion to reopen. Well, if they wanted to arrest me again, they could im not hiding really, im still in the same town. I mean i have nowhere to go. My child goes to school, and my husband still working. Im still doing my everyday things. Exept with fear of being deported now. I pray that things will get taken care of. I dont have any family left in Argentina, taht i know of. If they deport me , i would arrive at a airport and just sit there. Not knowing what to do, and going nuts without my faimily.

thanks again.

JM

Comment

That's good that you have refiled your application(s), because now your status will once again be considered "pending". However, I am concerned that you missed the appointment due to the fact that INS will revoke your status of suspension and will come and pick you up if they feel you are non-compliant.
                  I can't stress how important it is to NOT let them forward your file back to deportation because this time, you will not be released if you are picked up. You must become accountable with the conditions of release. Seek wise counsel asap.

Comment

...and doing nothing is the worst possible thing you can do.
                    There is an excellent lawyer out of Texas by the name of Laurel Scott, I suggest you look her up and consult.

Comment

I have no experience in deportation, but just a common sense advice:

1. Fear not anything. Fear is self-destructive and of no help.
                      2. Do as requested. If released , comply with conditions. If ordered to leave - leave!
                      3. Consult an immigration attorney specializing in your type of cases.

Good luck

Comment

Thank you everyone for the Information.

God Bless you all

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

What part of texas are you in??

Comment

Im in Houston Acctually not to far from Immigration, i decided to move here because my lawyer is here and since this is such a big deal,and i make lots of trips here anywyas. its conviniant

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation