Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aneri,

Thank you!! now, I guess the process is clear. So, you say that if her I-130 gets approved and she sent all the stuff they're asking for in her homecountry (medical papers, relationship stuff and whatever they're asking) then she gets a stamp of some sort of paper (so she wouldn't have to apply to any visa while entering the States)which indicates that she is becoming a PR, right? So then she enters the border, and she will get her actual card on the address where it was filled out as "address where beneficary intends to live"? And if she lives already in the States, but has not got the card yet, she can already petition for her relatives, correct? Thank you for replying again! I'll leave you alone after I got the answers to these questions for a final clarification. And I'm really grateful for you and everyone who help on here! Thank you!
    Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

after the succesful interview, she'll get a visa-sticker in her passport. Just like for a tourist visa, but it will instead say "immigrant visa". At POE, she will be processed as an immigrant, her passport will be stamped with the date of addmission and a notation. Now, I've never seen a notation in the passport in such case, but I assume it would say: admitted as LPR. GC is mailed within weeks.

Before your friend makes definate plans, she should be aware that if her parents petition her, it will take years before she'll get an immigrant visa:
      Unmarried son/daughter of USC: 6 years (Mexico 16 years, Philippines 15 years)
      Married son/daughter of USC: 8 years (Mexico 19, Philippines 22)
      When she petitiones for her children (as PR or USC), it will take many years before the children can immigrate. Minimum 15 years from now.
      This is based on current processing times.

Comment

Aneri,

Ok, thank you very much, I will tell her all this, even the processing time! And thank you again! Now, it's all clear, and I guess I will be able to explain her all the stuff, and give definite answers as well as lots and lots of details. Thank you again, and can I rely on you later on if for some reason she or maybe I will ever have something questionable? Thank you again! Have a nice week!

Comment

sure.. you are welcome.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most USCIS offices don't stamp passports any more anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Must be a policy change. The Memphis (Tenn.) office had been doing it as late as 2005. In fact, we were instructed to make a special trip out to Memphis when our I-751 joint petition got approved....solely to get the passport stamped (and to get photographed for the 10-year card).

If USCIS stopped stamping passports, are they providing temporary proof of legal status as a separate card, then?

Comment

Well, as Aneri said above, they're probably giving out a so-called "visa-sticker" instead of stamping passports. You know things do change quiet fast nowadays...

Comment

When I say "visa-sticker" I mean a visa given at a consulate. That's not the same as passport stamp given by USCIS as a proof of one's legal status in the USA.
                Teletype, it varies from one local office to the other. Most wan't stamp the passport after the succesful AOS interview as GC follows soon.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
                  When I say "visa-sticker" I mean a visa given at a consulate. That's not the same as passport stamp given by USCIS as a proof of one's legal status in the USA.
                  Teletype, it varies from one local office to the other. Most wan't stamp the passport after the successful AOS interview as GC follows soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posts: 947 | Registered: March 10, 2006 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Aneri,

You're just great helping people!!! God bless you!! And thank you!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation