Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help bringing family to visit

I am a USC. My husband is from India and we are in the process of getting his Cond. GC through the pilot program in Dallas. (Where you get your card within 90 days of interview). IF we get his GC say in September, can we petition to have his mother come to the US to visit?

Does anyone know the process to bring her over to visit only? Is there anything we should begin doing now? Basically now, my husband has "no status" until his processing gets completed. We've already been to the interview and are awaiting the FBI background check which they said takes 30-60 days with this particular program in Dallas.

He hasn't seen her in a long time and wants to bring her to visit asap.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

I am a USC. My husband is from India and we are in the process of getting his Cond. GC through the pilot program in Dallas. (Where you get your card within 90 days of interview). IF we get his GC say in September, can we petition to have his mother come to the US to visit?

Does anyone know the process to bring her over to visit only? Is there anything we should begin doing now? Basically now, my husband has "no status" until his processing gets completed. We've already been to the interview and are awaiting the FBI background check which they said takes 30-60 days with this particular program in Dallas.

He hasn't seen her in a long time and wants to bring her to visit asap.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Comment

No petition for his mother wont help her come here even if he gets GC ... Do it after he becomes USC ... so priority dates become current for parents of USC.

She can apply for visitor visa.

He can go visit her.

Good luck. Pasha

Comment

if its only a visit - the mother should get a
        B-1/B-2 Tourist non immigrant visa.

Comment

Exactly how hard is it for a mother/father to get a visitors visa to visit someone who is awaiting AOS? My hubby hasn't seen his folks in over 9 years. They have never seen our children and as the Atlanta office is just now on June 2001 and we are March 2002, we have a while to wait. We would like for them to come for a visit.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I am not from India, but apparently it is very difficult to get approved for a visitors visa from there to the US. That's why we were wondering if we could somehow speed up the process once he has his CGC. ***mer. She is going to apply for a visitors visa in July and we'll just have to hope that works or he'll go back to visit when we get his paperwork/status cleared up.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation