Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing someone to the U.S.

I have tried to search through the board for someone in a similar situation, but not have been able to find anything that helps.

Here is my situation. I am a U.S. citizen and having been living in the Czech Republic for 2 years now. I am getting ready to return home, but I have been dating someone here that I do not want to just, simply, leave behind. We have been dating for about a year and a half. We have discussed marriage, and while we both feel that we will very likely get married in the future, we feel it is important that she come live in the U.S. for a couple of years first. The reason for this is that we do not want to just get married on the assumption she will be happy living in the U.S. or that if she isn't, I will be willing to move back and settle down here. I have been trying to find a way for her to come back to the U.S. with me, to live and work, but I have not found anything.

So, are there any options to bring her to the U.S.? The way I understand, from what I have read so far, is basically, no.

A fiance visa is only valid for 90 days, correct? Are there any exceptions?

Is it possible to have someone that is a non-family member sponsor her? For instance, me with my parents as a joint sponsor?

She doesn't have a university degree, so would it be possible to have a employer sponsor her?

Are there any other routes to residency?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me! This is a really confusing process. I would really love to move back soon, but I am starting to feel is not going to be possible unless we are married. We just don't want to rush into a marriage just to get a visa and we don't want her to enter illegally either.

I have tried to search through the board for someone in a similar situation, but not have been able to find anything that helps.

Here is my situation. I am a U.S. citizen and having been living in the Czech Republic for 2 years now. I am getting ready to return home, but I have been dating someone here that I do not want to just, simply, leave behind. We have been dating for about a year and a half. We have discussed marriage, and while we both feel that we will very likely get married in the future, we feel it is important that she come live in the U.S. for a couple of years first. The reason for this is that we do not want to just get married on the assumption she will be happy living in the U.S. or that if she isn't, I will be willing to move back and settle down here. I have been trying to find a way for her to come back to the U.S. with me, to live and work, but I have not found anything.

So, are there any options to bring her to the U.S.? The way I understand, from what I have read so far, is basically, no.

A fiance visa is only valid for 90 days, correct? Are there any exceptions?

Is it possible to have someone that is a non-family member sponsor her? For instance, me with my parents as a joint sponsor?

She doesn't have a university degree, so would it be possible to have a employer sponsor her?

Are there any other routes to residency?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me! This is a really confusing process. I would really love to move back soon, but I am starting to feel is not going to be possible unless we are married. We just don't want to rush into a marriage just to get a visa and we don't want her to enter illegally either.

Comment

You can try to find her a temporary job in US, and if the employer is willing to file the petition for Temporary Worker on her behalf, she can get H-2B visa.That will allow her to come for a period of 10 months and can be extended until 3 years on increments of 1 year.
      Or you can try a student visa F1, if an american university accept her and proves that she has the financial resourses and sponsor for that.

All the best!

www.USImmigrationForAll.com
      Frank G. Becker & Associates
      www.USImmigrationForAll.com

Comment

Thanks for the help! I will start looking into it. Is there anywhere out there that someone could search through a list of potential employers who will/can hire employees on a H2B visa?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation