• Please help I 140 denail (merger)

hi,

USCIS has denied my I 140 application based on - not enough proof
    of complete buyout/merger/acquisition.

my case is something like this, I would like to get your opinion on this

please help

- I was working for a startup at company A, where they files for my RIR
    labor cert in Aug 2001

- Company B acquired patent and hired part of compny A. basically compnay sold its patent and main developer to B in oct 2003. I xfered H1 to new comany B. Company A still leaglly exitsts but purpose it just to fight a litigation filed on A from its old competitor. There are no business operations
    and facilty for A. Currently there is only one emplyee, cEO on A. we developing same product as in patent and A dose not intent to develop that

- I got my labor with filed from A in Nov 2003. I filed I 140 from company B.

- Now USCIS has sent a indent of deial, according to them this is not complete buyout/merger/acquisition as company A still exits in record and
    B has not taken all resposibilite/liablities

- Now lawer is trying to prepare a response, therefor I would like to request you all if anybody has similar situation, what should I respond. what should be written to ins to convince them that though A is legally there but for only its leagl fight.
    What are the next steps, please help.

- Is there other way to use this labour - is there something like this, that A can surrender labout to B and then I can file again. Can they surrender based on the fact that they dont need and persona and skills in A.

I will be really very greatful for your insight.

regards,
    -nano

hi,

USCIS has denied my I 140 application based on - not enough proof
    of complete buyout/merger/acquisition.

my case is something like this, I would like to get your opinion on this

please help

- I was working for a startup at company A, where they files for my RIR
    labor cert in Aug 2001

- Company B acquired patent and hired part of compny A. basically compnay sold its patent and main developer to B in oct 2003. I xfered H1 to new comany B. Company A still leaglly exitsts but purpose it just to fight a litigation filed on A from its old competitor. There are no business operations
    and facilty for A. Currently there is only one emplyee, cEO on A. we developing same product as in patent and A dose not intent to develop that

- I got my labor with filed from A in Nov 2003. I filed I 140 from company B.

- Now USCIS has sent a indent of deial, according to them this is not complete buyout/merger/acquisition as company A still exits in record and
    B has not taken all resposibilite/liablities

- Now lawer is trying to prepare a response, therefor I would like to request you all if anybody has similar situation, what should I respond. what should be written to ins to convince them that though A is legally there but for only its leagl fight.
    What are the next steps, please help.

- Is there other way to use this labour - is there something like this, that A can surrender labout to B and then I can file again. Can they surrender based on the fact that they dont need and persona and skills in A.

I will be really very greatful for your insight.

regards,
    -nano

Comment

I dont know much about emplyment based petitions but your Attorney should preapare a very good response.

If the Appeal is denied still, you can appeal the decission with the Admistrative Appeals office.

You can get more information on this at www.shusterman.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed