•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marasmus
    replied
    Maria I agree with you.

When most aliens naturalize, they change sides and start shouting the loudest about other immigrants. Its a shame ;people like Sundevil remind me of people who have low self esteem, they only feel they are better people when they get something.

You should not change your character or who you are as a person just because you get a paper that says you are a citizen. Dont forget even illegals are human beings and they could help you one day...you just never know.

And, do not despise someone just because of where he is today, tomorrow you may be asking for their help. Just be good to all men and your tomorrow will be secure.

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    sundevil,
    Say what you want, but illegals will never leave here.

Lets collect money from them-5K is a fair deal- and give them citizenship and call it a day.

I dont know why anyone who has a real brain would dream that 11 million people can leave a country. Have you ever heard of anything like that in history? Even the big purge by Hitler was only for 6 million and everyone talks of it today.

Its one thing to have policies that will work and another to have policies that are built on dreams and cannot be implemented.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    The reasons for overstaying a visa could be done in good intention and could justify doing so for instance:
    - somebody was being sponsored for a green card and he was not able to get or extend his visa;
    - somebody married US citizen and he was unable to live separatly with his/her spouse.

Right now illegal Mexicans stand on our streets and they are clearly visible. Everybody including ICE officers, USCIS officers and police or FBI employees sees them clearly and nobody has even tried for the last 20 years to catch them.

Do we need to make them criminals under the law in order to deport them ?
    Everybody knows where they are and who they are?
    If they wanted to deport them USCIS could have done it for the last 20 years.
    Why do we need to criminilize them in order to deport them?

Why most of those anty-immigrant comments posted on this board (SunDevilUSA, Someone12 or Alliba) are written not by native American but by immigrants?

Only US born Americans should express their own attitude towards worker program or illegal aliens – others should either Love or Leave it.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    Why are you DODGING my respectfully asked QUESTIONS?
    Why NOT ANSWERING?

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    ImmortalE: I think that we will agree to disagree as to whether your questions are valid.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    SunDevil,
    first let me tell you that I disagree with Maria on the way she argues her points on immigration issues. And I think by making immature comments and creating childish posts, she serves the cause of anti-immigrationists more than they could wish for.

This being said, let me ask you this: if you are so concerned about "LAW", why don't you bash , with equal zeal, those millions and millions of commuters who DAILY VIOLATE THE LAW by speeding 5-10 miles/hour above limit, to get to work and back home?
    Why not?
    What is different about TRAFFIC LAW violators as opposed to immigration status violators, when it comes to LAW?
    Both are breaking the LAW, as far as everyone can see.
    Then WHY such ZEAL when it comes to IMMIGRATION, yet such a compliance when it's about TRAFFIC?
    Mind you, every year nearly 50.000 people DIE in accidents, many of those due to minor TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS.

So, why don't we see the equal ZEAL and DRIVE to fight ILLEGAL TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, as opposed to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION VIOLATIONS?

The LAW is LAW, isn't it?
    So, why not be consistent?

What is different about those two groups that break the LAW?
    Why so different treatment of traffic LAW violators, as opposed to immigration LAW violators?
    Where does the double standard come from?

I respectfully ask you to answer this question.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    Marasmus: With all due respect, I have concluded that you're not very intelligent.

By resorting to personal attacks, you prove yourself beneath contempt. If you can't argue your point in a reasonable manner, you should refrain from contributing.

For your information, I am not on my "way to legalization," as you assert. I have always had legal status while in America.

Concerning illegal aliens, I am actually MORE of an immigrant than the illegals. I am not in the slightest concerned about the legislation that we are discussing here...indeed, I support it.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    And you think you are living in a STONE house?

Then WHY DODGE my VALID QUESTIONS?

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    ImmortalE: with regard to immature comments and childish posts, those - such as yourself - who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    Immortal,
    The reason she is so fixated on illegal immigration is coz she is a d i c k, simple and clear!

Can you imagine an immigrant hating other immigrants with so much zeal?

Its like a blind person laughing at someone who has been blind since birth, because the born blind person has never seen anything!

So though sundevil may be on the way to legalization, you need to know you are as much as an immigrant as the illegals.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    Marasmus: I don't hate immigrants at all.

I am opposed to illegal immigration, and to immigrants - whether legal or illegal - who make no effort to integrate and assimilate.

In this regard, my views are similar to those of the vast majority of the American people.

You assert that "illegal immigrants make America." I'm surprised by this. To the best of my knowledge, Americans make America great, and those of us who are legal immigrants have been invited to share in this greatness and to contribute to it. Illegal immigrants, by definition, are uninvited. An illegal alien's contribution to America is to disregard its laws and its sovereignty.

Illegal aliens continually undermine the rule of law: they use fake identification, or steal another person's identity; they drive without licenses or insurance; they work without authorization, lowering wages for Americans; they participate in people smuggling enterprises. I could go on, but I will leave other examples for other posts.

Leave a comment:

• ImmortalE
    replied
    SunDevil,
    first let me tell you that I disagree with Maria on the way she argues her points on immigration issues. And I think by making immature comments and creating childish posts, she serves the cause of anti-immigrationists more than they could wish for.

This being said, let me ask you this: if you are so concerned about "LAW", why don't you bash , with equal zeal, those millions and millions of commuters who DAILY VIOLATE THE LAW by speeding 5-10 miles/hour above limit, to get to work and back home?
    Why not?
    What is different about TRAFFIC LAW violators as opposed to immigration status violators, when it comes to LAW?
    Both are breaking the LAW, as far as everyone can see.
    Then WHY such ZEAL when it comes to IMMIGRATION, yet such a compliance when it's about TRAFFIC?
    Mind you, every year nearly 50.000 people DIE in accidents, many of those due to minor TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS.

So, why don't we see the equal ZEAL and DRIVE to fight ILLEGAL TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, as opposed to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION VIOLATIONS?

The LAW is LAW, isn't it?
    So, why not be consistent?

What is different about those two groups that break the LAW?
    Why so different treatment of traffic LAW violators, as opposed to immigration LAW violators?
    Where does the double standard come from?

I respectfully ask you to answer this question.

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    Sundevil,
    Why do you hate immigrants so much, yet you are one of them?

Am glad you are not the one who decides whether illegal immigrants stay here or not, otherwise America would not be the country it is.

Just face it:illegal immigrants make America, and they are here to stay whether you like it or not!

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    Maria: If someone swam across the river or treked through the desert or overstayed their visa...whether it was 20 years ago or 15 years ago or 10 years ago...it was still illegal.

Such people have always been illegal...they are not retroactively illegal.

By U.S. Citizen relatives, do you mean "anchor babies?" An American child can sponsor his or her parents for legal immigration once said child is 21 years old. Until such sponsorship occurs, illegal alien parents are subject to deportation.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    No law should work retroactively.
    Somebody who came here 15 or 10 years ago he overstayed 15 or 10 years ago and should pay a fine a get visa or be able to apply for a green card under 245-i.

Also people who have US citizen relatives should be treated differently than border jumpers not paying taxes.

You cannot treat a murderer in the same way as somebody who drove a car against red and made a parking violation or overstayed visa.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation