X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjust Of Status

Hello Everyone

I applied for Adjust of Status in july 2005. And my wife is US Citizen.We had a interview on March 6,2006. Same day i got my Approval Letter, in which it is mention that i wil get my Green Card in 90 days.But I did not get my Green Card So far. I visited USCIS so many times. Finally I have been told that my case is in extended Inquiry. And USCIS mistakenly issued me that letter. I visited this week again and still no answer. Please advise me wot i do now.

Hello Everyone

I applied for Adjust of Status in july 2005. And my wife is US Citizen.We had a interview on March 6,2006. Same day i got my Approval Letter, in which it is mention that i wil get my Green Card in 90 days.But I did not get my Green Card So far. I visited USCIS so many times. Finally I have been told that my case is in extended Inquiry. And USCIS mistakenly issued me that letter. I visited this week again and still no answer. Please advise me wot i do now.

Comment

Does anybody know what extended Inquiry mean?

Comment

Ahmed,

Since March 2006, apart from that one letter, have you not received any letters at all from them?

Have you been in the US the whole time whilst waiting for the GC?

For what I have been told, usually an extended enquiry is when they are checking over some things, like FBI report or the documents you have produced to them etc

Have they asked you for any additional information, like latest tax returns since its been a while since your interview?
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Yeah I have been in US the whole time. They never asked for anything. When I visited in October 2007. They told me that your name check is completed. And asked to reprint my biomatiric.coz it has been expired.

Comment

Ahmed, they didn't tell you anything at all when you visited this week?
            Did they just say wait, or they didn't know anything at all? Usually they give some answer, especially after all this time.

Have you been asked to do another medical too? I had to do another one as my last medical was over a year since the last one and they told me to get one before GC issue.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Well they told me that we r actively working on ur case.No time frame. Some kind of security cheking i dont know exactly wots that means. They Did not ask me for medical.USCIS never sent me any letter nor ask for any additional informations.

Comment

hi Ahmed , what happened in your interview?
                the letter you received in the same day of your interview . how did you get it?

Comment

well its almost 2 years now. I dont exactly remember, but they asked many questions. like when and where u married? where i live now? then interviewed my wife too. They took our wedding pics,copies of utility bills,insurance bills,tax returns. then kept us to wait and after i think 1/2 hour, they called and gave Approval letter.

Comment

Habibi, your timeline is already way beyond the regular processing period. Have you already tried to contact you Congressman or Senator. You may even write a letter about your case to President Bush. Why not?

Comment

Rough Neighbour
                      is right , contact your congressman.
                      and you should sent letter to the office which you were interviewed.and send written inquiry to the office which you were interviewed .
                      god bless you mr Ahmed . i am arab tooo

Comment

Ya Habibi, Ahalan,
                        Congressman, Senators, are to busy in backing up party candidates for November 2008.

They don't care I wrote to my Senator, he never respond to my letters. What next.

Comment

Yah sallam! Baahlan bik! Congressmen and senators don't attend to the immigration inquiries themselves, but rather their exclusively assigned staff. If still no "faidah," the courts should be the next resort thru mandamus. People in the judiciary are perceived not to be distracted by any partisan political contests.

Comment

Follow-up:

Ahmad:

What is status of your case?

Comment

No such thing as extended inquiry. Either you have been approved, which appears to be the case, or you were not yet approved.

File an I-90 to see if they will issue a card.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation