Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the I130 wait

My lawyer filed my I130 separately at a local ins office and got me stuck in the 990 day waiting period.Of course I485 package was sent back requesting APPROVAL notice(not RECIEPT notice)from the other local office... I've had 3 other lawyers say don't wait -file a new I130 with my whole package at a different location....and deal with the original I130 app. as it comes up eventually tying them together.....anyone tried this? would you advise doing this?

My lawyer filed my I130 separately at a local ins office and got me stuck in the 990 day waiting period.Of course I485 package was sent back requesting APPROVAL notice(not RECIEPT notice)from the other local office... I've had 3 other lawyers say don't wait -file a new I130 with my whole package at a different location....and deal with the original I130 app. as it comes up eventually tying them together.....anyone tried this? would you advise doing this?

Comment

first are you here on a k3 visa ?
      When did you file the i130 and where ?
      where did you file the i485 ?

Need more info to help

Comment

that's exactly what happened to me (except it was stupid me who did it, not a lawyer), and all the research I have done shows that it will be better if I submit a new I-130 with I-485 package, and indicate on the new I-130 that there is a previous I-130 filed. And just deal with the older one later.

Comment

My wife entered on a P-3 visa. I am an American citizen. I130 filed in Laguna Niguel, CA. I485 package filed in Downtown Los Angeles,CA.

Comment

Oh yes....our I130 was filed December 2003 in Laguna Niguel,CA.

Comment

Machalvr hi, i filed I 130 two weeks ago at vermont and have had NOA for it. I found out this week from immigration that the whole package should have been filed together and now I would have to wait for I 130 approval before filing I 485. BUT.......i went ahead a few days ago and filed the I 485 anyway . so keeping fingers crossed that they will connect them both. (i had advice from the guys on this board to attach a copy of the NOA, which I did). I will post on the board when I get NOA for I 485. good luck with yours!

Comment

I bet you never heard this.
                I file I130 with 485 package at vermont in 1999. I 130 approved in 2000. while waiting for 485( no receipt number), Finally I heard from BCIS that I-130 was withdrawn ( which we never did) and I 485 will not be processed.
                Filed again I130 with previous approval copy( to be safe side) but still got 999 days receipt from Laguna neguel center. Didnot filed 485.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation