• Show
Clear All

• andy
    replied
    thanks lady..you are such a helpful lady

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    No. With the biometric capture they can automatically resubmit your fp if they expire (theoretically anyway). Take them when you scheduled the appt. NEVER EVER RESCHEDULE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY (i.e., you or an IMMEDIATE family member is in the hospital or you are dead)!

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    still waitingo to hear what bronzelady gotta say about whether to make another appointment for my FP

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    mo
    From what i can tell by reading other nyc applicant, I 485 family based taking 2 years and couple months from receipt date to interview. Those people that got interview by now are not going through MSC. Their application went through the whole process at NYC office.

MSC process is something new and nobody can tell if it will take longer or not because nobody going with MSC got an interview yet.
    My hope is that it will only take less time. The proof is that NYC takes over a month just to mail the receipt leter while I got my MSC NOA a week after i mail my I 765 renewal application.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    andy

I was reading your experiences and noticed the NYC district office takes about 25 months to get an I485 interview - and it goes through the Missouri Service Center these days. I am from Boston, and pretty soon will file my family-based I485, and I am not sure if it will take as long as NYC to get an interview even though I heard it takes about the same since they both use to go through Vermont Service Center previously.

Can you or anyone else clarify this for me? the length of I485 family based interview after filing would also be helpful.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    bronzelady,

should i reschedule the appt for i 485 and keep the apt for EAD? my i 485 priority date is march 19/2003.
    If i take finger print on april 28, 15 more months will be on July 28/ 2005. at that time it will be 2 years and 4 months since my i 485.

is it a better bet to get finger print couple month later from now so i can have some leeway

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    Don't be in any hurry to get fingerprinted. They are only good for 15 months.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    i applied to renew my EAD 765 on March 23 and i got a NOA from MSC asking me to call NSC to make appt for my biometric. I called the 1800 number and a lady asked me all the info, she noticed that i have an apt for my I 485 already for April 8. I told her that appt is for I 485 and the ASC code is 3. THe ASC code on my I 765 NOA is 2... She checked and told me that the lady that gave me the appt for Apr 8 was wrong and she put me in ASC code 2 instead of 3. The lady canceled the last appt and make a new appt on April 29 for both my I 485 and I 765.

I just want to let people know what happened. Apparently , The ASC code is important enough that they will cancel if you got the wrong one.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Andy,
    Priority date is October 18th 2002; I got Advance Parole around December 2002. That parole expired in December 2003 so applied for another one and got it last month. And yes total time is around 18 to 20 months or bit more. Hopefully at the end of 2 years everything is done.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    vivek, when is your priority date. I would take your date and can estimate what is the wait for me.

If it was doing June 2002 a while back, then the wait is not so bad...just wonder what happened to it...we never know.
    A couple of months ago, there was a lady here that got her interview from nyc. Note that she did not get any letter from MSC. That means her case is before they start doing MSC stuff. She got her FP appointment 6 months before her interview. Total time is around 2 years for her.
    let's hope things are for the better

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Andy, you are right about processing times of I-485 at NYC Dist. Office. If you have noticed few moths ago they were processing June 2002 then it changed to May 2002 and now it says Feb 2002. I thought processing dates should go ahead rather then going back.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    vivek, if you look at the i485 processing time at NYC local office, they are doing feb 2002...that means i got more than 1 year to wait until my priority date is current ( my priority date is march 19/2003).

your prority date is a couple of months before me so hope that you will get your turn before me.
    Well, there is nothing we can do now. Just take the FP and biometric and wait 1 year or so to hear something from them.
    The 120-180 days projected time is nothing but bull...it all depends on how fast the NYC local office takes....we all know how slow they are

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Andy, I am hoping that case will be processed according to projected processing time which is 120 to 180 days. Hopefully there will be no need of such thing.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    on second thought vivek, do you think it's good idea to get your fp asap because one year may have passed from the date your fp is taken but before your AOS interview? I mean how long is the fp valid? If it's only 1 year, do we have to retake it?

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation