X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vivek
    replied
    Yes my father got AOS as brother of USC and my uncle listed whole family including my mother in original I-130. And when we filed Adjustment of status in 2002, we have selected option follow to join main petition. And he was married at the time of petition and he is married to my mother today. Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate your input.

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    Your father got AOS as the brother of a USC right? Did he list his wife on the original petition? If so, she can follow to join on the same petition. I don't understand what's the problem unless he wasn't married to her at the time.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Hi, my uncle filed a petition for us back in 1983. In 1996 when time came to sponsor my family, my uncle refused to sponsor my parents because of family problems we have. My father got sponsor from his sister and came to US in 1996. At that time he wasn't stable so he came alone to US thinking that he will bring my mother later on. As you know after 1997 rules have changed that main petitioner must provide AOS to complete the process. Now I am USC and my father is still LPR.
    My mother was refused visa twice at Bombay consulate because of lack of AOS from main petitioner. So when my mother got visitor's visa in 2002, we applied for Adjustment of status in October 2002 in NYC dist. Office. Recently I got NOA for fingerprinting. I am afraid if officer ask for main petitioner documents, we are not going to have it at the time interview.
    As per USCIS website it takes 120 to 180 day processing time for this kind of case. If case is denied then she lost 6 months unnecessary after I became citizen. Do you think my father's sponsor letter will work and ill be cosponsor?

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    I'm unclear what you are asking me. Can you explain further.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Bronzlady,
    Any idea when Main petitioner is not willing to provide AOS since he is 75 yrs old and paralyzed. Do you think INS accepts AOS from Husband and Son instead of main Petitioner for my mother?

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    Actually, I believe you decide where you want to go. It's assumed you are going to want it to be where you live but I think you could schedule for Manhattan if say you worked near the site. I'm not exactly sure about that phase of the program since scheduling is done through the national customer service center. From what I've been told you get to pick the day. In Manhattan they have times Mon - Fri. Everywhere else is Tuesday - Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Thanks Bronzlady.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    thanks bronzelady,
    that's pretty clear. My ASC code is 3. Do you know where is that? I live in the bronx. Would they schedule me for bio and FP in the bronx or would i be able to get a sooner appointment elsewhere if Bronx is booked?

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    TO ALL:

There is NO DIFFERENCE between Missouri and those applications that received a yellow receipt. Missouri (or the National Benefits Center - NBC) will be doing the up-front processing on new applications for NYC. EVERY application that was not already scheduled for an interview was sent to the NBC for processing. They will be placed in order by the date of filing and scheduled for an interview. The fact that the applicants whose applications were newly filed and received receipts from the NBC have been scheduled for biometric processing does not mean they will be seen first. NYC has at least a 24 month wait time from filing to interview (it's actually a little more than that but 24 months is the official stated time). Whether you received the yellow receipt or the letter from MSC it is still just a receipt that carries no more weight than that. ASC means applications support center. The code next to it is just an internal code that indicates which site you will likely be attending. You are generally scheduled to a site that is closest to you. There are 7 ASC sites (that's where you have your fingerprints taken), Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Jamaica (Queens), Woodside (Queens), Hempstead, and New Rochelle. I hope this clarifies things for all of you.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    cayita,
    please come back to this post and keep us updated on how it goes...because you had Fp and biometric....and on your missouri NOA, what you have for your received date and priority date.

i'll apply for my second EAD this april.
    Look like i have more than 1 year for my interview because NYC office is doing Feb 2002 and my priority date is march 19 2003

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    I forgot to mention that NOA came from National benefit center Missouri.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Hi Guys, My mother filed Adjustment of status in October 2002 at NYC dist. office. NYC gave us yellow receipt at a time and we received advance parole after couple of months. Once advance parole expired, I filed for advance parole again and last month got second advance parole. Today we received a NOA for scheduling appointment for fingerprinting and biometrics. Next week I have to call NCSC to schedule her appointment for fingerprinting and biometrics.

Original petition filed my uncle in 1983 (F4)
    Principle beneficiary (Father) migrated in 1996.
    Mother came to US in 2002 on visitor's visa and filed AOS as follow to join.

Leave a comment:

• Cayita
    replied
    Andy,

As I told you, I filed AOS and EAD in NY in July 2, 2003. In mid September I received the Missouri letter telling me to schedule appointment for fingerprints and biometrics in both (EAD and AOS). I called the 1-800 number and they gave me an appointment for November 6. That was the closest date and it was at the Hempstead office (Long Isalnd - Nassau). If I wanted an appointment in Manhattan they would have gave to me in December or January.

Anyway, I went there and they fingerprinted me and took my pictures for EAD and AOS. They sent my EAD 2 weeks later (the letter was from Missouri again). I have no news about my AOS. I think it will take a while.

Even though I got my EAD on November, I still dont have a SS number because INS hasnt sent my data to SS. They say it is backlog. Do you have a SS number?

Leave a comment:

• gabbygirl
    replied
    Andy,

Processing Date for NYC is February 2002 so I would not think to much about Interview date being 6 months after FP. To make an appointment for FP you have to call the 1-800 customer service no. and get it done no need to go there.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    yes, i got my first EAD by sleeping in front of Federal plaza that night before (literally).
    They do EAD for the first 100 people or some everyday for those who got the yellow receipt that have passed 90 days.

Again, they may do things differently now. Please share if anyone have passed this point

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation