Clear All

• vivek
    replied
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    just a quick reply people

after on hold for 10 minutes, I got connected to Katharine a nice lady. She do a quick search and gave me my appointment for FP on April 8th at 1pm. The ASC center is in the bronx, 5 minutes walking from my house.
    You never know what happen when you call INS, you may get lucky with someone else.
    Again, goodluck for anyone who didn't get their appointment.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Okay Andy, I was on hold for more then 40 minutes then I got someone who I talked with. She asked my mother's full name, DOB, her Alien Number, Address, zip code to find out which ASC is nearest. Stay on the line even though it is going to take a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    what info did they ask you vivek?
    did they ask you about the receipt number or apllicant number because they didn't ask me any of that...they just ask for my name, address, dob, to write it down....
    it's weird, they should be about to look for the receipt number and find all the info...

i'm still on hold with 1800 number now...hope to find someone who can help me

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Cayita,
    Thanks for sharing information.

Andy,
    I got an appointment for 10th April so call today and get it done as fast as possible. Customer service lady was checking all the ASC in 5 boroughs and came up with best date suitable for me. 10th is Saturday so I don't have take a day off from work. Hope you will find the right person on the phone.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    thanks all,
    for some reason, the lady told me there is no place available for me to fp...damn..liar,
    i'll call again and try to get some place to do it...

Leave a comment:

• Cayita
    replied
    When I scheduled my appointment (September 25) the closest date was in Hemptead (Nassau County, Long Island). My date was November 6, so it was 40 days to wait. They couldnt schedule appointments in NY city because it was full all November and for some stupid reason they were not able to schedule for December. So actually I guess you can save a couple of weeks at least.

Now, I received my EAD two weeks afetr my biometrics were taken. That is the good news. The bad news is that I still dont have a SS number because there is a backlog and INS hasnt my security clearance.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Cayita,
    After reading your post I asked Customer Service lady that can you schedule an appointment in long island to expedite processing. She told me that she don't know what is the name of the ASC in LI, and at that time Hempstead didn't came to my mind. Tell me something how soon appointments are possible in LI? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Cayita
    replied
    Andy,

Vivek is right. Manhattan is always full and also the 5 boroughs of New York. When I asked which ASC would give me the closest date they told me the one in Hempstead. I went there. There is public transportation to that Center in case you need it.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Andy, yesterday I have scheduled an appointment for my mother for Fingerprinting and biometrics at Brooklyn ASC. They are scheduling around April 10th at the moment. You are right about Manhattan. She told me same answer that she can't scheduled at Manhattan for some reason. Why don't you do it in Brooklyn rather then waiting, it is very close to Manhattan, in Downtown Brooklyn. And also they work on Saturday, but all up to you, just a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    hi all,
    a little update : i call National csc 1800 number to make an appointment.
    The lady is very nice, she told me all of ASC center in NY is full...she wrote down my name, address, phone and say... they will call me back to schedule for my appoinment.

she told me this is something new they doing because there is some problem going on in NYC area. What the ...?

I'm sad now...what to do next.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    If you call an immigration lawyer in your town (by simply looking into your local yellow pages), they can give you an idea on how long you have left... since they are constantly filing for AOS for their clients and know how things are going with your local service center.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Boritos la star ivoirienne
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I know it's a different state but I wanted to share mine with you guys.

I live in Seattle, WA.

I got married to my wife in June of 2003.
    We filed for my I-485 October, 6 2003 and I got my EAD December 06 2003.
    I received a letter from BCIS december 17 saying I needed to go and get fingerprinted for some kind of FBI background check in order to process my I-485.
    I got the fingerprint done January 7, 2004.

I haven't heard anything else from them so far..

In the meantime, I applied for a social security and got it and couple days ago, I obtain my drivers licence.

I guess, I was wondering, how long before we go for the interview?
    I pray that all of us on here get our cases taken care of in the most smooth way...

I cannot wait to get my Green Card and travel to go and see my familly back in Ivory Coast. It has been 7 years and I miss them ALLOT.

One.. Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• vivek
    replied
    Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    Make sure you include a copy of your father's petition approval notice (the one he used to get the green card) and proof that he is already a permanent resident (a copy of his green card) when filing. Also if she is out of status she will need to file the Supplement A and pay the fee. I am assuming she is eligible because of the long wait for the brother of a USC petition to become current.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation