•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4now
    replied
    Hi Aussie Tex

Congrats! and wishing you and your husband a happy and sucessful life here.

I think Mo meant to say "One down under" and a million to go.

Leave a comment:

• Mo
    replied
    Congratulations.

One Down. Millions to go.

Leave a comment:

• AussieTexGal
    replied
    Hi, I used to visit this site on a regular basis,just to read what was going on. I never actually contributed but the information useful and helpful.
    I wanted to share my story with you to give you an idea of the timeline involved when dealing in Texas.
    April 2003- Hired Attorney and started the process rolling.
    July 2003- Sent in applications for Adjustment of status,Employment Authorization ,etc.
    Sept 2003-Employment Authorization approved
    March 2004- Fingerprinted.
    May 18th 2004- Interview at INS Dallas Tx.
    Much to our suprise the interview was quick and painless. Our Attorney sat there quietly and never uttered a word, my husband joked that it was the easiest money he must have ever made.The only direct question that the woman asked us was -How did we meet? I took with me a briefcase full of documents and never even got to open it.
    My passport was stamped and the official Green card is to arrive in the mail in about 8 weeks or so.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who is waiting in Texas.....Also the Texas Service Center is now starting a new Pilot Program where you fill in your applications and have your interview the same day. According to my Attorney it started about the same time that I had my interview.

Good Luck to all that are waiting for their interviews.

Aussie Tex Gal

Leave a comment:

• AussieTexGal
    started a topic Green Card Approved- Texas

Green Card Approved- Texas

Hi, I used to visit this site on a regular basis,just to read what was going on. I never actually contributed but the information useful and helpful.
    I wanted to share my story with you to give you an idea of the timeline involved when dealing in Texas.
    April 2003- Hired Attorney and started the process rolling.
    July 2003- Sent in applications for Adjustment of status,Employment Authorization ,etc.
    Sept 2003-Employment Authorization approved
    March 2004- Fingerprinted.
    May 18th 2004- Interview at INS Dallas Tx.
    Much to our suprise the interview was quick and painless. Our Attorney sat there quietly and never uttered a word, my husband joked that it was the easiest money he must have ever made.The only direct question that the woman asked us was -How did we meet? I took with me a briefcase full of documents and never even got to open it.
    My passport was stamped and the official Green card is to arrive in the mail in about 8 weeks or so.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who is waiting in Texas.....Also the Texas Service Center is now starting a new Pilot Program where you fill in your applications and have your interview the same day. According to my Attorney it started about the same time that I had my interview.

Good Luck to all that are waiting for their interviews.

Aussie Tex Gal
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation