X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caesar
    replied
    You can change position within the same company using an EAD. However, if you use the EAD to work for your current employer or any other employer your H-1B status will be terminated. Hopefully your I-140 will be approved but in the event it is not, you will risk being out of status if you are no longer maintaining H-1B
    status.

Leave a comment:

• passingby
    replied
    Hi Immigrant:
    Any changes on your current position will require to file a new H-1B indicating that C. Change in previously approved employment. This is your temporary position that will not give you a greencard. Your permanent position is the one underlined on your labor certification that will be indicated on your I-140, including the prevailing wage.

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    kgb/immigration/jimmy/PAK:

Just proved my theory, thank you very much.

One more thing, I NEVER attempt to be funny, as I have absolutely no sense of humor.

I am serious as a heart attack, ALWAYS.

Leave a comment:

• kjv62803
    replied
    This thread is just another example of Joe Schmoe's self-perceived great "sense of humor". Also, another example of her "having to get the last word in - (My time is never wasted). Yeah right!!!

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    My time is never wasted.

Leave a comment:

• immigrant
    replied
    josephine schmo,

That comment was not funny nor was it useful..or relevant. Please don't waste your and our time with such immature behavior.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    Maybe you will get promoted to Senior Gas Pump Attendant.

Leave a comment:

• immigrant
    replied
    Thank you for your response.

I am confused, though...

I have an H1-B. My co. filed paperwork with DOL (State/Federal). Now they will begin filing with the INS. I think they have to do 140/485. I still have 2.5 years left on H1-B.

What I am not sure about is whether I can change positions within the same company once 140/485 are filed.

I have been at the same pay/title for the past 5 years, and would like to grow but have been limited because my documents were with DOL (so I was told).

THank you for your time so very much!!!

Leave a comment:

• passingby
    replied
    Dear Immigrant:
    The H-1B position is temporary. In order to file for the I-140/I-485 an alien labor certification must be filed. Unless you are an executive transferee and the company can file an I-140 as manager/executive. Your permanent position will be described either on the alien labor cert or the I-140 as manager/executive. If your H-1B still valid for some time when filing concurrent then you don't need to file for an EAD & advance parole. If you are planning to move to another company once the I-140 is approved under AC21, then yes, you should file for EAD AND ADVANCE PAROLE. Remember the new position must be in a similar occupation with same or above prevailing wage as underlined in the I-140. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• immigrant
    replied
    Someone said you get a EAD after filing 140/485. I did not know that...

Do you get it once 140/485 have been sumbitted?
    Can you change your title? I have had the same title at work for the last 5 years because i am doing it thgouh H1-B. Will I be able to apply for a different position within the same company?

How about travel? Will be able to go outside of the US?
    thank you.

Leave a comment:

• immigrant
    started a topic ***EAD after filing 140/485?!?***

***EAD after filing 140/485?!?***

Someone said you get a EAD after filing 140/485. I did not know that...

Do you get it once 140/485 have been sumbitted?
    Can you change your title? I have had the same title at work for the last 5 years because i am doing it thgouh H1-B. Will I be able to apply for a different position within the same company?

How about travel? Will be able to go outside of the US?
    thank you.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation