Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Deportation Order

I recieved final deportation order 3 years ago (August 2003) while I was recovering from back surgery. I never recieved the NTA (Notice To Appear) before that because I had moved residence at that point and failed to notify my attorney about new address and contact info.

This all came about because my wife divorced me after 3 years of marriage before we could even be summoned for interview, threw me out of our house and never forwarded my mails.

I recently spoke to an attorney about this and the only option he offered was to have someone call him the moment I get picked up in a traffic stop for instance. He mentioned something about Habius Corpus but did not offer any details.

I am just wondering if at this point someone in my situation has any options left. Assuming I get picked up, what should I do; will I even get a chance to do anything?

Please help!

-Chuks

I recieved final deportation order 3 years ago (August 2003) while I was recovering from back surgery. I never recieved the NTA (Notice To Appear) before that because I had moved residence at that point and failed to notify my attorney about new address and contact info.

This all came about because my wife divorced me after 3 years of marriage before we could even be summoned for interview, threw me out of our house and never forwarded my mails.

I recently spoke to an attorney about this and the only option he offered was to have someone call him the moment I get picked up in a traffic stop for instance. He mentioned something about Habius Corpus but did not offer any details.

I am just wondering if at this point someone in my situation has any options left. Assuming I get picked up, what should I do; will I even get a chance to do anything?

Please help!

-Chuks

Comment

The fact that your "attorney" suggested to call him after the arrest is ridiculous and you should seek competent representation. An attorney would actively pursue any and all alternatives that could eventually grant you some sort of legal status, even if temporary.
      If you are "out of status" at the moment, all your options are not lost. If you can prove you entered into the married because of love and not because of a Green Card you "could" in theory still receive permanent residency. Remember, if your spouse tries to lie about this issue out of revenge, the marriage fraud penalties would apply to both parties, and don't forget perjury and false swearing charges.
      You should seek legal representation, competent and qualified representation that is

Comment

Your lo$er lawyer with his brainle$s help/suggestion/opinion should be disbarred. You need a second opinion from an immigration lawyer, if the second lawyer has no suggestion or the same useless suggestion, then you should self deport, go back to your home country and either stay there, or apply for a work visa. Do everything legally and you won't have to look over your shoulder for your entire life.

Comment

One more "detail", I assume there's no final order of separation or divorce decree. If there was one, you could not claim any immediate relative status.

Comment

What part of "Final Deportation Order" don't you understand?

Not that it really matters, as you're disregarding it anyway.

Comment

SunDevil,

You are just on a rampage with immigrant bashing! Why don't you get l-a-i-d or something - it might help your mood some and perhaps you will quit jumping on people. On the other hand, with the character and attitude like yours it must be really hard to make romantic acquaintances.
              If you can'r help a guy in trouble who is asking for help, why not just keep your mouth shut? You are not saying anything original or clever anyway.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first or last time an IJ makes an honest mistake in the application of INA. After all INA is extremely complex. INA does provide several instances of review in order to make sure all decisions are justified, legal and reasonable.
                Review is the very reason for the existence of the BIA, and the Courts of Appeals have remanded and reversed hundreds if not thousands of cases where an IJ or even BIA erred in the application of INA.
                If the right to review and appeal was to be taken lightly, every person with a traffic citation would have to pay it with no right to challenge its validity in court.
                Why all this? Simply because the U.S. constitution, the paramount instrument of law, grants the right to due process to every "person" in the United States.

Comment

ByashaStruzhkin: Isn't it time for another of your blood-pressure pills?

Your opinion is of no consequence to me, as - from your previous posts - I have already concluded that you're stupid.

Comment

Actually SunDevil, stupid would be a giant step upward on the phylum scale for Byasha.

Comment

SunDevilUS, you're just a rabid dog, barking at the wrong tree. You're an immigrant yourself, which makes you sound even more pathetic when you BARK so loud. I'm tired of your whining, go F U C K yourself. As for Someone12, you're just a ridiculous "patriotic" son of a ***** who deserves pity. Double your dose of Prozac pills inmediately, you sorry wacko. Both of you A S S H O L E S, do something useful, and please, please get a life!!!

Comment

whknapp - you sound like another illegal alien moaning and whining about how bad you have it. If you are a citizen or a legal permanent resident (soon to be citizen) or a person with a work visa, then you should be just as pi$$ed off about these illegals.

Comment

Jeff, I do not condone illegal immigration. What I clearly stated in my message is that these two maniacs are barking at the wrong tree. I have been reading messages for the last two weeks because I need somo information for a school project. In every thread these two people (along with some other lap dogs like Aliba) have inserted at least one message. What a waste of time (yours and mine). There are other forums where you can share your opinions and you wouldn't sound like rabid dogs, because they are dedicated to discussing how immigration affects our country. This forum is for people who need information on specific immigration related situations. I doubt they come here to listen to i d i o t s like someone12 and sundevilUSA and their opinions. Why don't you write to your Senator or Representative instead?. Like I said, you're just wasting your time here. Anyway, losers like you usually have plenty of time left...

Comment

Loser? Nope sorry man, if you live in the south you may have seen me on TV, or read about me in some magazine or newspaper. In any event, this forum is to help people with their immigration problems LEGALLY. These people you mention, don't seem to have any problem helping people giving advice to help people legally through their immigration. You've obviously been miss reading their posts. - You should stay in school, and concentrate on your reading.

Comment

Loser? Nope sorry man, if you live in the south you may have seen me on TV, or read about me in some magazine or newspaper
                              Oh, yeh - it all comes back to me! I did see you on "America's Most Wanted"! ))))

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation