Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after citizenship how to update case for spouse

I recently became us citizen. My husband was in removal for changing schools and starting classes without first waiting for new I20. He had F1 visa. we had applied I485 in the court for him. I was permanent resident at taht time and his priority date was current. His case was terminated by the judge and I485 was sent to USCIS for adjustment.
    First how do i update the case from spouse of permanent resident to us citizen.
    secondly do i have to file everything all over again ?????
    called uscis and they have no record of I485 filed in court or sent from court to cis.
    We have receipt for court filing which is sort of like a hand written receipt and checks cashed by cis.
    my husband has recieved work authorization based on that adjustment of status filed yet they don't have it in system ? should we file I485 all over again ?? what is the better way to go and if we file again do we have to pay the new fee's or could get credit for the old fee that we had filed.

I recently became us citizen. My husband was in removal for changing schools and starting classes without first waiting for new I20. He had F1 visa. we had applied I485 in the court for him. I was permanent resident at taht time and his priority date was current. His case was terminated by the judge and I485 was sent to USCIS for adjustment.
    First how do i update the case from spouse of permanent resident to us citizen.
    secondly do i have to file everything all over again ?????
    called uscis and they have no record of I485 filed in court or sent from court to cis.
    We have receipt for court filing which is sort of like a hand written receipt and checks cashed by cis.
    my husband has recieved work authorization based on that adjustment of status filed yet they don't have it in system ? should we file I485 all over again ?? what is the better way to go and if we file again do we have to pay the new fee's or could get credit for the old fee that we had filed.

Comment

Before you call you must have your papers ready like your Naturalization Certificate, husbands file and case # date of marriage, place of marriage, your address.
      Then call 1-800 375, you will find this number on notice of action form listen to the options and press the telephone key accordingly.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation