X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing some support/advice

Hello-
    I am 27 yrs old and have been married to my Husband going on 4 years now. We have a 2.5 yr old son. On 2/22 my husband was removed for the second time and taken to Jaurez, Mexico. He was officially deported in 1999 2.5 years before I met him. We filed an I-130 3 yrs ago and he was called up for an interview and we surrendered him to the INS. We knew this was going to happen eventually. I need someone, anyone to talk to. He had 10 years of barrment added onto the 10 years he received when he was deported in 99. I am a mess...My world revolves around him and now I am alone with a son who could very possibly be losing his father. I don't know where to turn or who would possibly understand. thanks

Hello-
    I am 27 yrs old and have been married to my Husband going on 4 years now. We have a 2.5 yr old son. On 2/22 my husband was removed for the second time and taken to Jaurez, Mexico. He was officially deported in 1999 2.5 years before I met him. We filed an I-130 3 yrs ago and he was called up for an interview and we surrendered him to the INS. We knew this was going to happen eventually. I need someone, anyone to talk to. He had 10 years of barrment added onto the 10 years he received when he was deported in 99. I am a mess...My world revolves around him and now I am alone with a son who could very possibly be losing his father. I don't know where to turn or who would possibly understand. thanks

Comment

Hi. It sounds like a really bad situation... it also sounds like he would have a "permanent bar" under 212(a)(9)(C)....

My guess though is that the two 10 year bar sentences run concurrently... although that may not be much consulation.

For support I would recommend checking out www.immigrate2us.net - there are a couple people dealing with the possible application of 212(a)(9)(C)... and the rest of us are really nice.

For a "Plan B". I would recommend trying to find out if you would qualify for residency in Canada. There is a forum on www.britishexpats.com that pertains to immigration to Canada.

There is not much else I can offer you... but I wish you very good luck with a very difficult situation.

Comment

oh yeah - you could also consider living on the border somewhere. In this way you could live with your spouse, but you could work in the USA and your child could go to school in the USA - or something like this.

I live in Las Cruces, NM - near the border with Juarez and another person at immigrate2us.net is doing something similar to what I said... living in Juarez with her spouse and working in the USA.

Also, if there is something we can do to help your husband out - since it sounds like he was just sent back - we (my husband and I would be happy to try to help him out).

I rarely check this board, because people here can get pretty unfriendly... but come check out immigrate2us.net.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation