Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I am new here, but it is emergency

Hi, I am new here but I have a serious headache like every one who dealed or dealing with immigration. I came here as dependent of U.S. citizen fiance in 2001, (K2). My dad did get married with my step mom when I was 20, and they are still married, we did submit I485 in 2001, I just got an interview this week, they disqualified me because I am 23 years old now and I just got married with my husband this February, he is a U.S. citizen, the immigration officer told me that the best advice she can gave me is to withdraw this application and then file under my husband, so I did sign the withdrawal, I so anxious right now, we are in budget because my husband lost his job 2 months ago. I am working with the work permit expired, any ideas? Should I file this at Atlanta District where I filed before or go to DAllas to try our luck with Pilot program. I have been in this country for almot 3 years now I had nothing. I never convict to any crimes not even a traffic tickets. Please share your opinion, Thanks

Hi, I am new here but I have a serious headache like every one who dealed or dealing with immigration. I came here as dependent of U.S. citizen fiance in 2001, (K2). My dad did get married with my step mom when I was 20, and they are still married, we did submit I485 in 2001, I just got an interview this week, they disqualified me because I am 23 years old now and I just got married with my husband this February, he is a U.S. citizen, the immigration officer told me that the best advice she can gave me is to withdraw this application and then file under my husband, so I did sign the withdrawal, I so anxious right now, we are in budget because my husband lost his job 2 months ago. I am working with the work permit expired, any ideas? Should I file this at Atlanta District where I filed before or go to DAllas to try our luck with Pilot program. I have been in this country for almot 3 years now I had nothing. I never convict to any crimes not even a traffic tickets. Please share your opinion, Thanks

Comment

I tend to agree with the officer. File a new AOS process (I-485, I-131, I-765 & I-130 from husband) on the base that your husband is an USC. It'll likely go to National Benefit processing center in Missouri. The EAD should be approved in a couple of months and the AP even sooner.

Comment

Well, I just submitted AOS papers in Atlanta, they were immediately forwarded to Missouri Center. MSC is processing EAD applications received before February 15. So, on the 91 day since the notice of receipt date I am going to ATL office to get an interim workpermit.

Advice: immediately file AOS papers +I-130 at the ATL office. Then in three years you'll get your GC. Do not leave the country until you get it.

You can only apply in Dallas, if you live in its jurisdiction.

Comment

Lucy, Why 3 years? And why can't she leave the country?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation