X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC- EAD help

Hi everyone:

I need to know how long nyc is taking to process marriage based ead? Below is my timeline:

-sent I485, ead, I130 to nyc offfice 26 federal plaza on september 15th ,2003
    -received NOA on sept 26th,2003 for aos,ead,I130. But NOA came from NBC/MSC.
    - I did my biometric for ead ,i485 on oct,2003

So, my first question is who is gonna process and send my ead??? local NYC office or NBC?ANd the second question is how long do i have to wait to get my ead?..since its already more than 120 days for me. any help on the above issues will be deeply appreciated. ...thnxx

NY_Friend

Hi everyone:

I need to know how long nyc is taking to process marriage based ead? Below is my timeline:

-sent I485, ead, I130 to nyc offfice 26 federal plaza on september 15th ,2003
    -received NOA on sept 26th,2003 for aos,ead,I130. But NOA came from NBC/MSC.
    - I did my biometric for ead ,i485 on oct,2003

So, my first question is who is gonna process and send my ead??? local NYC office or NBC?ANd the second question is how long do i have to wait to get my ead?..since its already more than 120 days for me. any help on the above issues will be deeply appreciated. ...thnxx

NY_Friend

Comment

Since its over 90 days, you can go to your local USCIS with your EAD Notice Of Action letter. They will issue your EAD right there and then. Good luck.

Comment

I think your EAD will be processed in Missouri. I had my picture and biometrics taken on November 6 and it was the Missouri office who sent me my EAD a couple weeks later (they signed the letter).

Like you, I filed AOS and EAD at federal plaza (in July 2003) and recieved a NOA from Missouri in September. Maybe my case was processed faster because I was a K-1.

What I do know is that NY has a huge backlog. Even though I got my EAD in mid November, I can not obtain a Social Security number yet. NY has to do some securiy verification and put my name on the Social Security System, which until now, they havent.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation