Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aguila's Case Update: File was transfered back to VSC.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aguila's Case Update: File was transfered back to VSC.

I was in Newark back in December 2004 when I found out that my file was sitting there since May based on the first joint I-751 filing. At that time the adjudicator told me that was going to ship back my file to VSC, so the waiver could be added to my file for adjudication and most likely to have my file ship back again to Newark for interview.

Today I called the 1-800 USCIS number and was able to be transfered to an Immigration Officer that informe me that my file is now in VSC since December 7, 2004. In addition he stated that now the WAIVER-BASED I-751 is showing up in the system.

This past Sunday I entered the US with my expired conditional green card, and although I have an I-551 stamp valid up until December 1, 2005, with the expired card was enough, no questions asked or additional delays. The POE officer swap the card through the scanner and asked how long was I away. After my reply, he stamped my passport and I was on my way.

I was in Newark back in December 2004 when I found out that my file was sitting there since May based on the first joint I-751 filing. At that time the adjudicator told me that was going to ship back my file to VSC, so the waiver could be added to my file for adjudication and most likely to have my file ship back again to Newark for interview.

Today I called the 1-800 USCIS number and was able to be transfered to an Immigration Officer that informe me that my file is now in VSC since December 7, 2004. In addition he stated that now the WAIVER-BASED I-751 is showing up in the system.

This past Sunday I entered the US with my expired conditional green card, and although I have an I-551 stamp valid up until December 1, 2005, with the expired card was enough, no questions asked or additional delays. The POE officer swap the card through the scanner and asked how long was I away. After my reply, he stamped my passport and I was on my way.

Comment

Glad to hear you had a valid I-551 stamp upon returning. I heard through the grapevine, that my ex-husband "forgot" to get his I-551 update, left the country last year at this time, and had a devil of a time getting back. It was not impossible (after all, he did show up for our divorce judgment in late April 2004) but it took a trip to the consulate in Paris, and who knows what else, to do so.

Welcome back, Aguila. Let's hope that things move quickly with your file now.

Comment

I am glad I made it out of Newark back in December with my expired card. Usually, when they stamp a passport with an I-551 stamp they take away the card. Only with a stamp, they could question you, make you wait a lot, etc. I am even more happy that my case is now back in track.

I have 371 days left to submit my N-400...and that is what I am focusing on. If the I-751 interview/approval comes before better but if not I know I will force them to adjudicate once I file the N-400.

Comment

Hey Aguila; I have your file with me. We can discuss it over lunch. Come downtown tomorrow.

Comment

hi aguilinha feliz ano novo 2005 amiguinho! Pergunta: when my extension is about to expire do I write INS requesting another letter to extend for another year or go to the office and request another letter?

Comment

Speak American you grint !

Comment

Wish:

Como vai princesa!? Feliz ano novo pra vc tambem! Ainda estou te devendo um e-mail. When your extension expires, you could schedule an infopass appointment with your local office and go get an stamp. Do it only if you need to travel outside the US or will be applying for a new job. Otherwise is just a waste of time. Your status is extended until the I-751 is adjudicated, the only thing that expires is the prove of it.

Comment

obrigadinha amigo! yes pretendo viajar fora do pais e nao sei mais parece que vou ter que schedule este appointment. tempo voa

Comment

Wish,

I would get your I-551 stamp updated with another year extension. Although you are in status while your I-751 is pending, you will not be able to prove it. It will be an issue if you need to deal with DMV or trying to prove status to an employer.

Make an INFOPASS app't and get it stamped to be safe...

Aguila: At least you know what is up at the moment. As for me, I am still waiting for my piece of plastic...

ARQU

Comment

ARQU:

I have now peace of mind that I know what is going on with my case. I still have hopes of not having my file sent back to Newark and get an approval letter. Dreaming does not cost a thing.

I cannot believe you haven't got your card yet. It is more than six months since you went to Newark with your approval letter right? I would place an inquiry by calling the 1-800.

Comment

Aguila,

VSC is processing I-90's dated Mar 2004. I know this is not an I-90 but it is still basically the same thing - printing out a GC. When I dropped off the pics and so on, she indicated that it may take 12 to 18 months to actually receive the physical card.

I received the same exact timeline information when I took in my son's I-90 in September. So I am actually expecting to have to go back to Newark for yet another I-551 in June (and again for my son in September)... At least it is easier now with INFOPASS.

I also moved again, so I filed the AR-11 in KY, notified the DSC via a letter, and called the National 800 number as well. She was in the midst of taking the change of address info over the phone when she realized that my I-751 had actually been approved but was just pending the card production. She indicated that she couldn't change the address once it was approved like that so I needed to file a G-731V at VSC to make that address change. I filed that and also included a general inquiry request (same form) at the same time so at least I will know that they know where I am when they finally do issue the card...

I have all the signature receipts back now and expect to hear something about the inquiry in a couple of weeks...

I think they held up producing the cards to wait for the new GC's to be released. The thing that gets me is that in other centers, GC's are issued in only a few weeks... Go figure...

The ironic thing is that the I-751 processing date is July 2004 - more current than the I-90's!!! Oh well - at least that should help you out with your refiling date.

ARQU

Comment

once i get my appointment schedule i take my passport and about to expire GC card and liscense anything else?
                          thanks guys

Comment

about to expire GC letter

Comment

Wish: It is a very simple process...

Take your passport, your extension letter (Make a photocopy for yourself!!!), and your expired GC. Every simngle time I go to the DSC, I also take (and leave in the car) ALL the stupid paperwork and forms you filed (just in case they ask for some obscure item). I didn't offer up my expired GC either - I kept that in my pocket and they never asked for it. They did take the expired GC away when I went in with new pics and my I-751 approval last June but up until then I had held on to it.

You simply go in (after you have made the INFOPASS app't) with the passport and extension letter and they will stamp another I-551 in it which will most likely be good for another year.

Once you hve that, you will have no problems travelling or whatever as the I-551 stamp is indeed just as good as a GC.

ARQU

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed