X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4now

4now:

I asked you a TAX related question few months ago. Thanks for replying. I am not staying with my US citizen husband for study purpose. We love each other and our marriage is going well. He is moving to Chicago for better job opportunity. We have filed I 751 at Texas Service Center, what should I do? I will have to stay in south 6 months for my college. Should I notify them about change of address? Which address should I write in form because I will be staying under adjudication of Texas service center while he is moving to Illinois? Thanks for your help in past.

4now:

I asked you a TAX related question few months ago. Thanks for replying. I am not staying with my US citizen husband for study purpose. We love each other and our marriage is going well. He is moving to Chicago for better job opportunity. We have filed I 751 at Texas Service Center, what should I do? I will have to stay in south 6 months for my college. Should I notify them about change of address? Which address should I write in form because I will be staying under adjudication of Texas service center while he is moving to Illinois? Thanks for your help in past.

Comment

In past I did not tell my whole situation truly because there are people that hate immigrants and write bad things but I do not care anymore; there are also good people who will always help.

Comment

Hello Chucki

Will you be moving to Chicago after the 6 months? If so then at the time you move , then change your address. but currently I would say that your husband is just out of state working. It may not work out with the job and he could return, so keep the "south" address. I believe the Texas Serv Center are taking approximately 1 yr to adjudicate 751. dont forget to file N-400 as soon as the time comes eligible 4u . Dont worry if the 751 has not been adjudicated yet to file it.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will be moving to Chicago after 6 months, but our concerns are for next 6 months. He is selling the house and moving with his family to Chicago in 2 months. Though I stay in another state that comes under Texas service center, what should I do? Should I give my apartment address where I will be staying for next 6 months or should I notify them about new address in Chicago where my husband goes?
          I am posing this question to you because I feel safe, you will always help everybody.

Comment

It is my request to people like Michael and Depoman who hate immigrants with I 751 issues :-
            Please keep yourself out of this thread, Thank you.

Comment

You must keep USCIS informed of where YOU reside using AR-11. Since you don't live in Chicago, I would indicate YOUR apartment address to USCIS. It would also be better to keep your file at TSC rather than transferring it to a new service center. Make sure you notify TSC and your local office of your new apartment address. Hubby needs to send in a I-865.

Comment

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to move your application between service centers.

I know someone whose file got 'lost' between transfer from one service center to another, he had to file a new application afresh including pay again and later down the line they 'found' it, it had NOT been transferred.

There was no apology, no refund, just a very very big time delay of a few YEARS.

Please dont try to transfer files from service centers, in anything you do.You may learn the hard way.

Its very stressful and its even worse now because you cannot call any service center directly, all you can do is WAIT to get written replies in the mail and we all know this takes months if not years just to have someone LOOK at your case once you send it in.

Comment

Chuki,
                  It's the law; you have to file AR-11 with HLS and you have to notify your service Center if you have a pending application whenever you move. Change of address has nothing to do with adjudicating the I-751 form, I sent my application on April and moved to another apartment on June, I received 2 confirmation letters from the HLS and CSC, and my application is still pending.

Don't pay attention to those prejudice posters, they are just bitter and full of hatred, just pray for them.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi chuki ,

U already got enough information so there is nothing much to add to this thread... I would like to tell that even if it's a matter of 6 months and no one stays at the address ( ur husband's house...as u wrote he is planning to sell it...) u must file AR -11 and give ur apartment address...who knows u might be adjudicated by that time and u wont have to file AR -11 again when u move to Chicago? U could be lucky too...u never know... once u move to Chicago ...then u will have to change ur service center and file AR -11 again... well lets hope for the best...wish u all the best...don't forget to file I – 865 ...ur husband should fill that form out...good luck...Pasha

Comment

Well see Chuki, you have enough info here.

Yes I concur to file address change in your new apartment. You will have to follow up several months to make sure that the change was implemented. USCIS is notorius for not changing it swiftly in many cases. so again just do a follow up.

Comment

Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

Comment

I have one more question. My husband will sell the house in next 2 months. We are still receiving mails on that address, will it be fine if I change my address after 2 months and take a chance if I may get approval notice at our current address?

Comment

Its OK to change your address with USCIS since the house is being sold anyway, but THE very important thing to do is to go to the post office and make sure you complete the 'Mail forwarding' so that just in case USCIS send you mail addressed to the old address, you can get it at the new address.

I would also establish contact with the people who buy the house and leave them your address,just in case the letter is addressed to the old address AND USPS miss to forward it, which happens very very rarely.

That way, you will be safe and be confident you are not missing any mail addressed to you.

Comment

chuki, my only advice is don't file the change of address form unless you absolutely have to. the more changes and forms you send them, the more likely it is that something will go wrong, things will get lost. if there's any way you can even delay moving until you get your decision, do it, because it's a big risk to transfer your case anywhere or even change your address. sorry if i sound really bad or something, i'm just saying this is the reality of the INS.
                              by the way, it doesn't matter where your husband resides, it only matters where you are, to the INS. so you don't need to file any forms regarding his address.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation